Got GT out of storage but the speedo quit

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
Major bummed - it finally warmed up here in Dearborn, got the GT out of storage yesterday but the speedo quit working. Stuck on 10 mph. Guess my gauge luck ran out!
:facepalm:

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
Sorry to hear that, did u let the battery run low? Just asking I have run my battery on my previous car really low countless times and never had any issues. It looks like u r around the corner from me

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
I NEVER charge the battery in the car and always pull the battery out for winter storage. The stock battery died after 2 years so I run an Autolite battery. I trickle charge it (NEVER more than 2 amps) off and on and then put it in right in full charged before I am ready to start it. Never have had a guage issue (except once when I let it drain a little too much from not driving it) but once a full charged battery is in, it was always fine. This time; my luck ran out.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Go Speedhut. Autometer didn't update the Speedo or tach and I don't know if the updated ones are even available yet.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Don't tell Camilo but I like the speed but gauges better!
I do how ever have a complete set if stick ones

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Similar story for me today. Took the GT out of heated storage today and the tach is dead, guess my awesome luck with this car just ran out. Owned it now 8 years and this will be the first repair it needs. Hard to bitch about that!

dtomaso1

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
I've had the similar problem at one time or another across several GTs. The guages are generally sensitive to low voltage. Make sure the battery is charged and the ground has good contact. Check out previous threads.

Good luck. Tom

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Battery was on a trickle charger and car fired up immediately but worth checking. Thanks

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I got one of mine back on line tapping on the glass.