Genaddi Design upgrade options

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
I am planning to have few upgrades done to my GT among these options are the: GTB doors, Eclipse Sat/Nav system and the Performance package upgrade; however, these options seem on the pricey side compared to other shops; does anyone know the reason, besides Genaddi's great quality work?
I would appreciate any feed back!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
In the case of the GTB doors, Genaddi is only source, and he will likely never sell enough of the door systems to recoup his R&D investment. He offers one-stop shopping for just about everything you could want for your GT. I will forever be thankful to him for doing the GTX1, which to me, would have been a bargain at several times his price.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
I ditto that. Quality work and always availalbe to answer questions or concerns.

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
You get what you pay for. They do a great job.:cheers

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I want to chime in and say Genaddi is the way to go...quality work and you will get what you pay for.

Aug 25, 2006
I read this thread earlier and wrote a reply and at the last minute deleted it because I did know if I could contribute anything meaningful.

Well; after much thought I decided that I can.

First of all I have the GTB door system on my gal and have no regrets.

Having shared this if you reviewed other posts that I made you will see that I spent what I consider a great amount of time chatting with Mark and then working directly with Bernard the engineer and designer of the system refining the system even further while the system was being integrated into my gal. We installed an initial system on my gal on which we made many modification then as the result Bernard has a second set machined accordingly that we installed together a month or so later in my facility.

Now the results of the process is wonderful however what made the time and effort well spent is the fact that the twist and tweaks as completed on the system installed on my gal have been carried forward by Mark aka Genaddi Design into the newest version of the system being completed at this time.

Mark aka Genaddi Design called me a couple days ago to share that I would be receiving 2 GTB door systems in 3-4 weeks that I will be installing for folks that are anxiously yet patiently waiting and he also confirmed; now in his words "Bill; all of the changes that you and Bernard discussed and incorporated into your personal system have been integrated into the systems that you will be receiving". Now not only did this statement make me smile but it also shed light on the fact that Mark cares.

Now if you were to ask me if the system is expensive; certainly it is however it is overpriced; not a chance in heck. In fact I have openly shared as well as personally with Mark and Bernard that even at $20-25k the GTB door system is a bargain as long as the hardware and the integration is such that once completed one could consider it as OEM. Well; IMO because of the laundry list of twist and tweaks that were adopted the system is now IMO befitting of a gal the caliber of which is extremely high. Now one only need concern him or herself with who will do the conversion because I can share from experience that it is a long arduous process that needs to be a approached akin to a labor of love; this is not a simple bolt on system and how one feels about doing it IMO will directly affect the net result.

As for whether nickels will ever be realized by Mark and his team as the result of the GTB door system I can only speculate however what I do know is that the development time required and the associated cost were extreme and "IF" IMO all of the variables had been recognized by them from the onset then the initiation of such an undertaking may have never happened.

Back to the GTB door system as it is installed on my gal; it looks stunning and completely changes the gals character when the doors are open and as for the ability to get in and out of her now; it is truly very cool. IMO the GTB door system takes the already BADASS modern recreation of the gal from days gone past and adds a modern day; extreme supercar/exotic look and feel. No the GTB door system is not a Lamborghini, Enzo, or McLaren door system but rather a truly custom designed system designed to work within the very tight space constraints and the very unusual door configuration of the GT.

Is the system for everyone as well would I encourage it to all; no but the same holds true for many considerations that are presented along the way; Whipple, pulley, exhaust, tune, wheels, brakes, suspension, etc.

In closing; when I first saw the GTB door system video I was hooked as such became one of the first to install the system. It is because I am so fricken anal that I pushed the proverbial envelope to take what had been created and make it the best. I can share that when Bernard flew out to my facility the second time he brought with him a set of hinges with all of the twist and tweaks completed to them as we had discussed and had mutually agreed to be necessary; they arrived marked as "Shadowman Specials". I feel fortunate that Bernard with Mark's support allowed the initial system to be further developed to the point that today IMO it can be integrated into the gal and appear and operate as if OEM. Those close to me can share that there was a day that I was not certain however in the end it became all "thumbs up"

I wish you all the best with your quest and hope that some of that which I shared helps

All the best

Regards

Shadowman

Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
To Shadowman's post, I would add, no one will do a better installation of Genaddi's doors than Shadowman, and the process is reversible, if you ever want to go back to crawling in and out. Thanks, Bill.

Aug 25, 2006
To Shadowman's post, I would add, no one will do a better installation of Genaddi's doors than Shadowman, and the process is reversible, if you ever want to go back to crawling in and out. Thanks, Bill.

Thank you for the kind words Kirby

You take care

Regards

Shadowman

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I really like the system but at the last minute could not make force myself to do it. Cold feet I guess but adding weight to our GT's was my rational and the cost even though well justified by manufacturing expense did not justify me saying for 25K I get out of my car a little bit easier. But the look is very cool. So to all you who have the wings I tip my hat to us that dont...our cars are still way cool!:thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
I really like the system but at the last minute could not make force myself to do it. Cold feet I guess but adding weight to our GT's was my rational and the cost even though well justified by manufacturing expense did not justify me saying for 25K I get out of my car a little bit easier. But the look is very cool. So to all you who have the wings I tip my hat to us that dont...our cars are still way cool!:thumbsup

Well said; certainly the system is not for everyone and then neither are these gals.

IMO the GTB door system, the Whipple superchargers, modified exhaust etc have nothing to do with need or practicality but rather "emotions" it just happens that the GTB door system comes with secondary mechanical benefit; meaning she is easier to get in and out of.

When I walk into my facility and catch a glimpse of my gals they make me smile and then when I find the time to exercise them I do so knowing (as my kids) that each (even though they play with my same emotions) are different. One likes to run hard another like to simply cruise through town one is comfortable and the other gives me a pain in my ass one roars like a lion and another can barely be heard one is fast and one is quick and yet in the end they are all emotionally satisfying.

Are the GT's worth the price of admission; subjectively speaking absolutely however when asked this question of a person that for example collects china, a person that finds comfort and enjoyment tinkering in a garden, or? The likely answer would be no because for them a car as they refer to it is a means to complete a mechanical task whereas for me a car aka one of my gal's is the means to complete an emotional task.

I for one am glad that folks in mass are not drawn to any single personal tweak offered for the GT akin to bugs to a proverbial light but rather that within the rather exclusive group of folks that find pleasure with the GT a variety of paths are taken to take a fricken awesome platform that the team within Ford created and make it their personal dream realized.

In the end; allowing cost to be temporarily removed from the equation ones goal should be little more than personal satisfaction and emotional fulfillment meaning cooler, faster, quicker, unique, higher, lower, or maybe even left as OEM; to put it simply "whatever makes you smile". There should be "NO" concern regarding the response received from another because their reaction and comments are all too often times based on how what they see fits into their personal picture and sadly not yours.

If you find yourself attempting to explain why, what, or how much then likely what you are doing is sharing your dream and hoping that they will understand through the process of rationalization; IMO emotions do not have fixed or mechanical boundaries.

Now let's put cost back into the equation and in doing so now cost and value have to be placed into the same sentence at which point each of us find and determine value differently as such nothing can cost too much.

All the best

Shadowman

Last edited:

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006

I just wanted to park the car places and be able to get out. That was the most important thing for me. I can park the car anywhere and not have to worry about getting boxed in.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Well said; ...... nothing can cost too much.

All the best

Shadowman

Very elegant my friend! All of it.