Garage lifts installed , pics included

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Garage Lifts Installed, Pics Included

Ok guys, the lifts were installed. I had a very good experience. Everyone was very professional and all stages of the project worked well.

Garage doors (done)
Lift install (done)
Electrical work (done)
Central AC (WIP)
Flooring (WIP)

Let me know if you want contact info (Florida).

Lift_01.jpg

Lift_02.jpg

Lift_3.jpg

Ok ...a random , Genaddi bumper delete , bad a$$ pic

Random_bad_ass_GT_pic.jpg

Last edited:
Would you mined telling me what brand and model lifts you used and how wide(doors) and tall your garage is?
Thanks,
JT
PS; great pic's.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nice!!! :cheers

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks for sharing the pictures, and it appears you have room for at least one more lift...2,4,6...

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Thanks for sharing the pictures, and it appears you have room for at least one more lift...2,4,6...

hehehe, that is my wife's bay :biggrin

I'll get measurements posted soon.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Did you bolt 'em to the floor, or are they free standing?

M

Mark O

Looks good, but I'd be afraid of that old GM product raining fluids down on the good car.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bravo... well done!:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Looks good, but I'd be afraid of that old GM product raining fluids down on the good car.

Dat's why he gots drip pans installed between da rails!:lol

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
MK2 did you have "Skeeter Beater" screens installed?

I am going to have them installed after seeing them on my friends new home in port orange (Best garage mod I have ever seen).

And I am still jealous of your GTX1 you guys with 2 have way too much money:thumbsup

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
Another Lift setup

A few shots of the Backyard Buddy free-standing four post setup sitting on a RaceDeck floor. The lift is terrific to have and very well made. To make it work I needed to have the door rails raised and the motor assembly changed from a "T" rail to a spool drive. I assembled the lift and did the floor install in less than one day. The garage height is about 11.5 feet and the door are standard width, which are just wide enough to clear the GTs mirrors. The previous owner of the house certainly wasn't a gar guy based on the placement of the lolly columns, which make entry and exit from the GT a small adventure at times.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 425

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Joe from what I can see. They look to be "Direct Lift". Good company I have 2 of my own.

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area

I've had really good luck with Cytech's Double Park. I've had it about 9 years. They all need to be maintained on a regular basis, but it's really nice to have it, for both storage and car maintenance.

I also have Race Deck on the floor. Very nice product!!! There's also another garage picture on my website, see link below.

garagegtforum_01.jpg

garagegtforum_02.jpg

Last edited:

Steve T

GT Owner
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
I have had a 5 of the Direct Lift 4 post lifts for a few years now and I have been happy with them. The first lift I had (the gray post you see in the picture) is a Double Park lift. I use this one for maintenance and the others are for storage. The best feature of the Direct Lift is the increased clearance between the post. A little less stressful when driving up onto the ramp in wide cars.

Attachments

• shop1.jpg
    shop1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 340

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I have mirrors placed in front of my lifts so I can watch position of the tires when I drive the my cars onto a lift. I also have a bullseye marked on one of the mirrors that lines up with the drivers side parking lamp for use as a guide when driving the GT in under the lift. The mirrors make entry and exits much easier and less stressful.

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area

That mirror idea sounds great. I'm nervious every time I park one of my cars on the lift, especially the GT, as it is wide. Pulling in forwards is not bad, but backing in, which is more convenient for door opening, is more difficult.

If possible, can you shoot a pic of you mirror setup and post it or PM?

Thanks, Bill

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have mirrors placed in front of my lifts so I can watch position of the tires when I drive the my cars onto a lift. I also have a bullseye marked on one of the mirrors that lines up with the drivers side parking lamp for use as a guide when driving the GT in under the lift. The mirrors make entry and exits much easier and less stressful.

What a great idea! How about a photo of the mirror placement?:cheers

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Ok everybody, to answer some of the questions.

The lifts are from Direct Lifts.

The garage doors are standard size.

The width of the lift is less than the garage doors, so the actual size of the garage doors does not matter much.

It comes with trays that install under the lift so no fluids drop on the car beneath.

I am getting mirrors installed as well and will take pics when finished. :thumbsup

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
The mirrors (I have two lifts) that I use were bought at KMART and used to show the chassis on my BOSS 429. The mirrors are 1 foot by 4 feet. Mount the mirror on the wall directly in front of the drivers side headlamp. Have a friend or SWMBO help you position the car on the lift or under the lift. Once the car is positioned correctly and while sitting in the drivers seat, turn on the parking lamp and note its position on the mirror. Have your wife or friend draw a circle around the lamp on the mirror with a sharpie. When you back the car out of the garage or pull in, make sure you turn on the parking lamp and line it up with your bullseye on the mirror - its near fool proof!

Attachments

• GT MIRROR 2.JPG
    GT MIRROR 2.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 245
  • GT MIROR.JPG
    GT MIROR.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 259
Last edited: