Fujimoto oil tank drain valve

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...k-and-Clean-oil-drain-kit?p=398925#post398925

Elegant but much more expensive IMO.

During my last oil change, I installed the Fumoto F107N and it fit perfectly.

Same here, installed a F107N on both the Ford GT and Morgan M3W.
Very simple and effective solution.

Did you put the valves in all 3 locations - oil sump; 2 on cast pan?

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I put one on the reservoir, so I can attach a drain tube to the valve for a clean evacuation. The two plugs on the pan are too easy to get to to put a valve on. Oil must be hot or it will take forever to drain from the valve + tube.

Howard

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I put one on the reservoir, so I can attach a drain tube to the valve for a clean evacuation. The two plugs on the pan are too easy to get to to put a valve on. Oil must be hot or it will take forever to drain from the valve + tube.

Howard

Ralphie, mine is set up same as Howard's.:thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks, guys! :thumbsup

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Just got my valve over the weekend. Looking to change oil and do the install in a couple weeks. Thanks for the tip!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Which model F106N or F107N ? Fumoto's website only lists the F106N for the GT :confused

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Junior, pardon my petulance but this is the same question you asked in post #36.

This thread contains the testament from SIX current FGT owners here on the Forum that HAVE installed the F107N valve in their car.

Why is it you do not believe them and continue to be perplexed on which valve to purchase?:confused

I just do not understand why you continue to be confused.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Correct, and sorry for the duplicate question, but no one seems to give an answer other than 107N was installed with no problems. I'm Ok with the 107 part number in terms of proper fitment, I just can't get it to display as the correct part number when I enter the 2006 F-GT data on the Fumoto website. You'd think the manufacturer will list the proper part number, no ?

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Honestly, when I purchased my 107N I relied totally on Clinton's recommendation. He purchased the 107N, provided excellent pictures of all the hardware and as a fellow FGT owner with technical panache recommended the hardware install.

That was good enough for me and five others in this thread to order and install. I am pleased with Clinton's recommendation. Move past the Fumoto's website inaccuracy and put reliance with the multiple owners who have installed and recommended the 107N hardware.

Just a quick internet search on the two Fumoto candidates indicates the two valves have different metric threads.
F-107N (N=nipple) has a M12-1.75 thread. USE THIS ONE. Look at post #15 with the picture of the "Oil-Tite" drain plugs Clinton used which indicates the M12-1.75 thread.
F-106N has M14-1.5 thread. DO NOT USE as this will not thread into the oil reservoir tank.

Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Thanks Indy- Good observation on the "Oil Tite" numbers on the package-

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
:thumbsup

We are here to help each other.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Just a quick internet search on the two Fumoto candidates indicates the two valves have different metric threads.
F-107N (N=nipple) has a M12-1.75 thread. USE THIS ONE. Look at post #15 with the picture of the "Oil-Tite" drain plugs Clinton used which indicates the M12-1.75 thread.
F-106N has M14-1.5 thread. DO NOT USE as this will not thread into the oil reservoir tank.

Indy - while the Oil canister is the M12-1.75 ie 107N part that we all adapted to and where this thread all started by BlackIce, I'll bet Futumo only sized the plug on the lower block which I believe are M14 size.... I did upgrade the original 2 block plug's to what AnalogDesigner (Jay) offered back 7+ years ago his Oil Plugs with Super Magnets

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Mad,

To be clear-

1) Oil tank reservoir thread - M12-1.75
2) Engine oil pan drain plugs (2) thread - M12-1.75

AGAIN look at the picture Clinton posted in post #15.:thumbsup

Guys, you have to get over the misinformation on the Futumo web site....:facepalm: