paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
just look up fuel injection hose clamps

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Kendall, just ordered 4 (2 for me and 2 for Gaby), thanks!

Good to hear from gtjoey again 🍻.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Order placed. Thanks.

QSS

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Kendell, mine just showed up and these are just standard Ideal hose clamps.

Attachments

• New Picture.png
    New Picture.png
    379.5 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: KennethClay

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I received these also.....I was under the impression we were getting non-serrated ones because the issue was the serrations would cut into the rubber hose when tightened.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Kendell? You've been on the forum responding to other posts.

I'm guessing maybe you had someone else ship these out?

Please respond

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Maybe I should stay out of this, but the picture shows a "LINED Worm Gear Hose Clamp" that is used for soft hose that can be cut by the serrations. When the clamp is installed the internal extended tail or liner should be under the serrations. If serrations are touching the hose then the clamp is to small. The style of liner can vary by manufacturer.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Same. I could have gone to AutoZone and gotten these. What happened to the ones pictured on the website? https://www.cooltechllc.com/ford-gt-parts-accessories/123-ford-gt-fuel-hose-clamps.html

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Just wanted to thank Kendell for the e-mail and explanation.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thanks for all the positive comments. Yes, I am discovered... all I wanted to do was to fool all of you into buying the clamps you can get at your local Autozone. I can toss away my reputation, but hey, I can make maybe $100. Probably worth it, eh?

I resent the feedback. These are EXACTLY the hose clamps I described and that I would recommend as using on your GT. Want to use something else? Knock yourself out. Find these at Autozone? Doubtful.

This clamp in manufactured by Ideal. They refer to it as a "lined" clamp, whereas I have called it a long-tail clamp. The fact is that the serrations will NOT dig into your fuel line - that's the whole purpose. Additionally, every component is stainless. Yes, as a tightening mechanism, it uses a worm drive. (It has that in common with "ordinary" clamps.)

You can see the specs of the clamp on this page. it is the 67M shown at the bottom of the page.

Lined Clamps

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
what am I missing, why not use fuel injection clamps?

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Maybe I should stay out of this, but the picture shows a "LINED Worm Gear Hose Clamp" that is used for soft hose that can be cut by the serrations. When the clamp is installed the internal extended tail or liner should be under the serrations. If serrations are touching the hose then the clamp is to small. The style of liner can vary by manufacturer.

Oh Crap!! When I said "the picture" I meant the picture of the clamps sent by nota4re to The Grey Ghost. Like I also said, maybe I should have stayed out of this. But, then where's the fun?

I would think that there are more than one style of clamp that would work, like paul b mentions.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

That’s too obvious.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
To insure owners can get the correct size and a high quality part, we have added long-tail stainless steel hose clamps to the website. This long-tail version is an improvement over the aforementioned Dorman clamp. The construction is all 316 Stainless steel including the screw. These long-tail clamps insure that there is only a smooth band contact with the hose. You should NOT use the standard serrated clamps as they are likely to cause more harm than good. These clamps should largely be considered as preventative maintenance/insurance.

They can be ordered here: Ford GT Fuel Hose Clamps
Thank you Kendall. Just ordered 2. Hey can I use it as an excuse to come up and see you guys and have the Champ put them on for me??? ;)

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Regarding installation - DO NOT try to remove the fuel line. Instead, just open the clamp all the way, put it around the hose, then get it to re-engage. It should only take a minute or so.

Reactions: GEE-TEE

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City

The standard/common size FI clamps with the rolled edges available through our 3 local parts stores only go up to 5/8".
Our hose is approximately 13/16-7/8.
There are some other options out on the net, but I figured if I was going to have to order something, it made sense to order from a forum vendor.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
So easy I was even able to do this!

JoeZ

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2014
Order placed also!!

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Regarding installation - DO NOT try to remove the fuel line. Instead, just open the clamp all the way, put it around the hose, then get it to re-engage. It should only take a minute or so.
Thank you Kendall. I received my clamps and to my own surprise was able to install them all bu myself!!! Thanks GTJoey for the heads up on this...

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Your welcome........
Next class......Any Ford GT 2005 with rubber bump stop bolts.under the clam shell.
Grease the top to get the squeek out. Possibly adjust the thread for an even clam shell close.
2006 has the RETRO TBIRD pop up switch with a rubber boot, no squeek.!
No bolts.
Good luck!