Fubar's GT Build

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
lol... it's going to be tuff driving all of those down there but I'll do my best.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
lol... it's going to be tuff driving all of those down there but I'll do my best.

You should drive your GT, oh wait.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
What is that? Another brick in the wall, that's what! :facepalm:

IMG_4716.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Supercharger intake mount?

Dude, looks like you are R&Ding entirely new engine. I can imagine how much you are putting into this.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Got a new piece in today. FINALLY!!! To bad he forgot to powder coat it black. That gets done over the next day or two then the old girl can get dressed again. The end is in sight.

BigTwinScrew1.jpg

BigTwinScrew2.jpg

BigTwinScrew3.jpg

MiscParts.jpg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Mark what size blower is this?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:eek:eek:eek :willy:willy:willy

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
lol at "end in sight"

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
lol at "end in sight"

:agree: I think he meant as far as THIS go-'round is concerned!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Oh the end is near... Repent, for I shall be reaping the souls of lesser engine builds all over Texas.

It's a 4.5L Whipple, but I got some cooling tricks to go with it that should make this car a consistent handfull.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How much clearance is there between the blower and the clamshell glass?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Clamshell? ...plenty. It's the rear window glass that scares me.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Uuuuuuuuuh huh! That's 'zactly what I figgered!

But, "close" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It counts in motor builds too… close to 1500hp is better than close to 500hp. :)

We got it all measured out and things should be fine. The 4.5L would fit fine if we didn’t have to clear some really big fuel rails but they are sooooo pretty! This build has me on pin and needles. It should be epicly badass, boost by gear, traction control should make it very manageable but it will pull in 3rd gear the way a stock GT pulls 1st. 120mph should come and go before you have time to say carbon-clutch. Then 200mph will sail by quicker than a skilled tire salesman could swipe your credit card. Then when you find yourself zipping along at 230mph @ 7200rpm… BOOM, SHIFT - 6th gear slips in the right slot (like butter) and a 400 shot of nitrous says: “hello big boy, lets put it all in dry and see why happens!” I can’t even imagine what the top speed will be… I never had the guts to find out on the 850hp version of the GT either.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Uuuuuuuuuh huh! That's 'zactly what I figgered!

But, "close" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades!

And atomic bombs.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Have you increased the volume of the intercooler somehow...external auxiliary cooler(s) 'spliced' into the stocker, or whatever? (You darn sure couldn't put a custom intercooler with increased HEIGHT in place of the stocker!)

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Have you increased the volume of the intercooler somehow...external auxiliary cooler(s) 'spliced' into the stocker, or whatever? (You darn sure couldn't put a custom intercooler with increased HEIGHT in place of the stocker!)

The stock inner cooler is a very good piece...Very hard to make any better. Looks Good Mark!!! Is the motec all wired and all ready? how bought the rest of the car?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Stock intercool is very efficient, that’s why we decided to use two of them. Sense we double the ability to cool the intake air we had to add a few tricks to help cool down the intercooler water as well. It should be a show stopper!

The main wiring harness is done, there are still a few fittings that need to be added but we wanted to put the motor in the car before we started to cut the wires down.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Stock intercool is very efficient, that’s why we decided to use TWO OF THEM. Sense we double the ability to cool the intake air we had to add a few tricks to help cool down the intercooler water as well.

So you did increase the 'cooler volume. Then I take it the second unit must be remote located and siamesed into the original plumbing?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
So you did increase the 'cooler volume. Then I take it the second unit must be remote located and siamesed into the original plumbing?
The stock intercooler is a Honeywell unit that is rated for 1000hp. The stock motor was probably producing an average of 650-700hp so that was well within design parameters but with an expected wheel HP of at least 1000 on pump we either had to accept that the motor would have a very short duty cycle or up the intercooler ability... now it is rated for 2000hp. That should last me a few weeks.