Fresno C&C. Finally met another GT owner.....well, almost.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Went to my 'local' (i.e. almost one hour away) monthly Cars & Coffee event this morning. Went to get coffee and came back to find a modded Tungsten parked right next to my car. Finally! Haven't met another GT owner (aside from Marv Rose) since I bought my car in February.

Polished Whipple
Accufab TB
FRPP muffler (still has cats, though)
Lowering kit

Even had a Bony Memorial sticker on the windshield. Had to be a forum member, too! Alas, it was the owner's son who brought the car out. According to him, his father isn't on forums, doesn't even know how to text message:confused Obviously bought the car from a forum member.

Quick pic from the drive afterwards. Just as an aside, note ginormous house on the hill in the background. Former 49'ers safety Tim Mcdonald's home. Who needs that much space?? lol

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Why do GT owners lift their bonnets at car meets?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Drove a good 50 minutes at a good clip to get there. Probably 90 degrees by 1030AM. I only do it to let all the heat escape. Warped vents, I do not want. I open it up in my garage when I get home as well.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Because its customary to raise one's hood at such events for folks to oogle at the wonderful hardware. Never understood folks that bring a car to a meet or show and walk away from their car leaving doors, windows and hood all closed up. What did you bring it for?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Because its customary to raise one's hood at such events for folks to oogle at the wonderful hardware. Never understood folks that bring a car to a meet or show and walk away from their car leaving doors, windows and hood all closed up. What did you bring it for?

Ok, that too. But I'm always a bit wary leaving it open when I walk away to look at other cars.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You should go for a drive in the Whipple car, then you will be asking Evan to install one. :lol

Another 150 to 200 HP always put a bigger grin you your face. I also look better too!

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
You should go for a drive in the Whipple car, then you will be asking Evan to install one. :lol

Another 150 to 200 HP always put a bigger grin you your face. I also look better too!

Car actually had a 'Guyett Performance' sticker on the clamshell glass. Obviously Evan did the work on this one. But still no:)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Frequent request. We have to put it up to admire the engine bay and down to admire the complete lines of the car...and repeat as needed. I'm surprised you'd ask such a question.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Car actually had a 'Guyett Performance' sticker on the clamshell glass. Obviously Evan did the work on this one. But still no:)
If you drove one you would say yes. It is CARB approved!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Because we have something to look at. Luke, I would be seriously disappointed if I saw your car at a show and couldn't see the engine. By the way, anyone recognize the muffler on the GT? I copied the image from a UK site.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 274

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Drove a good 50 minutes at a good clip to get there. Probably 90 degrees by 1030AM. I only do it to let all the heat escape. Warped vents, I do not want. I open it up in my garage when I get home as well.
I pop mine for a couple of minutes to let some heat out when I stop as well. Once you have the coated exhaust and lose the cats it will cool off a lot quicker under there.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Frequent request. We have to put it up to admire the engine bay and down to admire the complete lines of the car...and repeat as needed. I'm surprised you'd ask such a question.
Ruins the lines of the car and hides the rear bumper

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
All that plastic is not impressing anyone sorry

attachment.php

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

I always do it at events right after I arrive. After an hour I'll close it for a while then I'll open it again to give people a chance to see or photograph the engine & the car.

Ed

PS F-cars, Lambos, etc will open their clamshells to display their intake & sometimes valve/plug covers. Not much more to see on those cars. I love the GT since it is a muscle road car - you can see everything: headers, tranny, axles, suspension, etc. It's the best part of the car!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
All that plastic is not impressing anyone sorry

That is exactly the point.

FordGTOC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 9, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
I pop mine for a couple of minutes to let some heat out when I stop as well. Once you have the coated exhaust and lose the cats it will cool off a lot quicker under there.

Get the billet vents from Pe2unia. Have Shadowman paint them to match your stripes, Problem solved.

Craig

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Was the cars and coffee on Sat or Sunday. I was in Fresno visting my mom on Friday night and Sat am. Bummed if I missed the event.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Because we have something to look at. Luke, I would be seriously disappointed if I saw your car at a show and couldn't see the engine. By the way, anyone recognize the muffler on the GT? I copied the image from a UK site.

JBA?

Get the billet vents from Pe2unia. Have Shadowman paint them to match your stripes, Problem solved.

Craig

Mine are fine now and would like to keep the OEM pieces that way. If they do end up warping, then I'll go the billet route.

Was the cars and coffee on Sat or Sunday. I was in Fresno visting my mom on Friday night and Sat am. Bummed if I missed the event.

No, Sunday morning. Let me know when you're in the area again.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ed,

I also thought it was a JBA at first, but it doesn't look like the current JBA muffler. The JBA muffler is below-note the difference in the size and the way the exhaust enters the muffler at the sides. The muffler on the red GT looks like it is made from the same type of stainless steel as the square OEM muffler.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 126

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
See the posts beginning at #12 on this thread:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?1818-european-gt-s/page2&highlight=European+gt's

I'll try to dig up the pictures of the muffler mentioned in the above thread. Perhaps it is the same.