Fox History lesson

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
..... and my 68 GT 500 vert. I like that one too.

I bleed Ford Blue.

QSS

Attachments

• 68 GT500 small.jpg
    68 GT500 small.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 10

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Sweet collar, bro.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Im glad to see so much love for the fox here...

"the most beautiful car in the world..... and a 2019 Ford GT" :)

Attachments

• IMG_8899.JPG
    IMG_8899.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 16

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
everyone should have a fox or two...

Attachments

• IMG_1935.JPG
    IMG_1935.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 12

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
my first bubble was not purchased for a GT but a fox

Attachments

• IMG_1932.JPG
    IMG_1932.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: 93extxdps

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
WOW Check out this Fox notch dyno pull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dont want to click, 64 to the ground. Sixty four HP....not a typo.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
All fun FOX stories and memories. My first job as an engineer at Ford was to design the rear suspension for the Mustang II. Hotchkiss suspension.
My Second Design was to do the new four bar link REAR SUSPENSION on our newly named FOX BODY FAIRMONT AND ZEPHYR for 78.
That grew to Mustang in 1979.
I was also responsible for the front strut systems on the Fox bodies which we called a modified McPherson strut front suspension.
Not the most sophisticated but the designs were safe, well developed, bullet proof and served Ford Motor company well.
The rest is as they say ,"history".
Enjoy your Fox Bodies.!!!
Andy (ajb)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
All fun FOX stories and memories. My first job as an engineer at Ford was to design the rear suspension for the Mustang II. Hotchkiss suspension.
My Second Design was to do the new four bar link REAR SUSPENSION on our newly named FOX BODY FAIRMONT AND ZEPHYR for 78.
That grew to Mustang in 1979.
I was also responsible for the front strut systems on the Fox bodies which we called a modified McPherson strut front suspension.
Not the most sophisticated but the designs were safe, well developed, bullet proof and served Ford Motor company well.
The rest is as they say ,"history".
Enjoy your Fox Bodies.!!!
Andy (ajb)
for me that was 20 years of fishtailing fun.... all thanks to you :)

kidding aside, very interesting to know about your involvement in the platform that some say possibly saved ford, thanks for sharing that tidbit of information....

Reactions: Sinovac

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Wow, another installment, when a zero to 60 was in the sixes, and quarters in the 15's. And as "Apollo" shows, there was more hair, and worn differently (great SVO BTW).

So, why did you buy this paradigm of performance again?? 😂

You explain it to me over a beer at Black & Bleu. ;-))

Reactions: Specracer

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The 1986 GT my wife had when we were dating. Loved that car.

4B04DA75-91AF-4FF5-88B4-E4E90C7153D2.jpeg

Remember that janky console diagnostic display?

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
A few more trivias...
--The Fox front suspension was called "modified Macpherson " because a true Macpherson (as designed by Mr. McPherson) had the coil spring packaged around the shock /damper body.
We needed more engine compartment room knowing that even in 1975 we would try to package a Ford V8 under the hood for 1979.
We designed a very robust lower A-arms which carried the coil spring and were then able to only have the strut and shock body packaged between the upper mount and lower control arm.
Each model year we improved the bushings, shock valving, and seals , spring rates for better NVH.
Andy (ajb)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And now a "Hoonifox"

Ken Block's next project

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Ken Block is "a god"!!!!!

The Hoonigan car was out of this world but this Hoonifox car is out of the solar system. I'd give ten dollars for a ride along in either one of these cars. I'd also match that ten dollars with a thousand dollar charitable contribution to a Ken Block charity for a ride along/scene in the next, upcoming Gymkhana!

Hell ya!! I've got a couple of drinks in me but I'll do it.....I'll freaking do it I tell ya!!!!!

QSS

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
WOW Check out this Fox notch dyno pull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dont want to click, 64 to the ground. Sixty four HP....not a typo.

Pretty underwhelming power for a 2.3L engine. By way of comparison, my 1972 Pinto 4 cyl, 1.6L (stock) develops an earth shattering 54 SAE net....

but the Pintos best days however were when a similar Pinto that I owned was retrofitted with a Ford Cosworth 1.6L BDA.

A veritable drop-in with no sheet metal mods, it put out a solid 125hp at 9000 rpm. Ultimate sleeper from 0-60 - across the intersection - runs against Corvettes and Camaros of the 70’s. Quite the power curve with zero below 2500 rpm but one heck of a kick and unique sound once it came ‘on cam’. ;-))

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
9k? Interesting NVH Im sure. As we all know, power to weight. Whats a Pinto weigh 2700 lbs?

it put out a solid 125hp at 9000 rpm.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
A tad over 2000#

Reactions: Specracer