Formula 1

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Winner did not have any issues and was also part of the recent 'secret' tyre test - correct?

Yup. When he said they had really been working on making the tires last on the podium I thought "he'll regret making that statement."

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Good race. Wish it had gone 2 more laps so Kimi could mow Vettel down. Best race grosjean has run in a while.

Scary watching cameraman get hit with a runaway tire.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Huge error by Webber's pit crew. He had such an awesome start too.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
The conspiracy theory is that they probably the team was trying to hold up Webber or else he would have been ahead of Vettle. The delay tactics was not practiced or well coordinated so it blew up in their faces and Webber paid big time. I suspect he would have won. Love Kimi and I want him to win most as I love the interterviews and I just like the guy. Is he going to Red Bull?

Mar 15, 2006
Watching the race too. Did you know that the only driver to win an F1 race in a Porsche was Dan Gurney? I met with him at his shop in SoCal a few weeks ago. And the 1967 GT40 LeMans winner was in his facility. Anyway, back to the current F1 race, enjoy.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
The conspiracy theory is that they probably the team was trying to hold up Webber or else he would have been ahead of Vettle. The delay tactics was not practiced or well coordinated so it blew up in their faces and Webber paid big time. I suspect he would have won. Love Kimi and I want him to win most as I love the interterviews and I just like the guy. Is he going to Red Bull?

Hmmm, but that would risk constructor championship points - and that's worth $100M.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I doubt they would try and hold Webber up at that point. It's hard to imagine Red Bull botching a pit stop though, given how blisteringly efficient they usually are.

I hope Kimi doesn't leave. I like him at Lotus. It would be quite the drama having Vettel and Kimi on the same team.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
I think they only wanted vettel to get ahead of webber but not everyone that did. In slowing the pit stop it botched the rythm badly is what I suspect happened. I thing that Red bull is far enough ahead they can play those games and ensure vettel makes maximum points for the championship.
I think there is enough bad blood between Webber and the team that they would not trust him to let Vettel ahead. Those were very rude tactics that saw vettel catch up to Webber who was solidly in the lead (told him to turn it down and cruise in) and pass him several races ago. Webber was ready to kill everyone associated with Red Bull.