FordGTforSale.com and the Record setting GT sale at Mecum Auction today

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
As most of you know or have heard by now, a new record was hit today for the Ford GT for a sale at a public auction. The 6 mile Heritage GT was sold at the hammer price of $377,500 before any auction fees. Marv Rose of fordgtforsale.com was working for one of his GT clients to secure this vehicle and made sure it made it to a home where it gets to join a number of other GT's for this serious Ford GT diehard. It was an honor to be apart of this special day and everybody who has a GT just got a little happier.
After the auction, Marv ran into Wayne Carini and Wayne commented that he thought that at that price, it was a smart buy. Congrats to the new owner of this car and to all GT owners!

mecum-auction-gt.jpgmecum-ford-gt.jpg

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
+1 Well Done

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Marv, you are a sly dog. I saw your post on the forum last night after the sale. I hope the new owner enjoys the Heritage. He really stepped up and it was clear that the car was going to be his no matter the price. Longer term the cost will be justified. It makes all our GTs look better. It had to be fun for you. Congrats.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Congrats Marv!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I was there & it was exciting beyond belief! You could feel the excitement in the air. Shelby & Marv plus the Ford GT made it so. What a car!!!

Ed

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Nicely done, Marv. This sale is great for the whole GT owners community.

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
The price jumped up so fast that we thought we weren't going to be a player on the car. We had a game plan and that plan was pretty much taken out at the beginning as the car went from $250-350 in the blink of an eye. It was very exciting and we wanted to win the car as if we were buying it for our inventory. The hammer price and what we were told to buy at was wayyyy too close for comfort. At the end, bids were going up $5k a time, we were able to slow that down to $2500 at the end, which is why it sold at the 377,500. If we got another bid over that, I'm sure the next bid would have been $281,000. :lol

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I was there & it was exciting beyond belief! You could feel the excitement in the air. Shelby & Marv plus the Ford GT made it so. What a car!!!

Ed

I was hanging out with Ed and the Gals. It was a memorable moment, plus fun to stay I was there!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
This is similar to a stock trading "practice, Marking the close" applied to cars. As an owner I am happy that the car went for so much, just as the holders of the stock would be.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/m/marking-the-close/

Marking the close is the practice of buying a security at the very end of the trading day at a significantly higher price than the current price of the security. The purpose of the practice of marking the close is to raise the closing price of the security, making it appear to be higher-valued than it actually is.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Congrats Marv!! Awesome day for us GT owners.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Will my GT be worth more with a Heritage wrap?

Ed

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dr. Frank is probably already working on a Wrap to cover up RED.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If I were retired and had a lot of time on my hands I would get www.heritagewrap.com and make them for all cars.

Seriously though last weekend the boss was out and about and I watched Steve McQueen's Le Mans. It reminded me why I live the Gulf colors!!! That Porsche 917 is the coolest car ever, sorry even cooler than the GT40.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
If I were retired and had a lot of time on my hands I would get www.heritagewrap.com and make them for all cars.

Seriously though last weekend the boss was out and about and I watched Steve McQueen's Le Mans. It reminded me why I live the Gulf colors!!! That Porsche 917 is the coolest car ever, sorry even cooler than the GT40.

Yep...had that Gulf 917 with Steve on my wall when I was 15...

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Lol
will my gt be worth more with a heritage wrap?

Ed

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
If I were retired and had a lot of time on my hands I would get www.heritagewrap.com and make them for all cars
Wouldn't you call it the Gulf wrap?

Seriously though last weekend the boss was out and about and I watched Steve McQueen's Le Mans
We were out driving...

That Porsche 917 is the coolest car ever, sorry even cooler than the GT40.
Uh no. You are thinking a Porsche... any Porsche, is cooler than a GT40? I'm worried about you Tony...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wouldn't you call it the Gulf wrap?

We were out driving...

Uh no. You are thinking a Porsche... any Porsche, is cooler than a GT40? I'm worried about you Tony...

Nope, just the 917.

I went up Hwy7 today. No problem up to the turnout.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Let's do an early morning run up soon then

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
The guy looks like Ron Pratte.

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
It will be interesting to see what this red 2005 FGT brings at the Mecham auction in Dallas on Sept. 7. Any one care to venture a guess? http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_d...v&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DA0913-165401