ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I just merged the third thread put up about this film. And I'm sure we are all sick of getting 20+ notes a day from well meaning friends who want to make sure we've seen this trailer. I think it's safe to assume that everyone who has ever sat in a Ford has seen this multiple times. This film is wildly inaccurate but will still probably be fun to watch. But not as much fun as watching the real thing play out just over a week from now. Cheers.

Chip

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Thank you Chip!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I want to see it, but not totally thrilled by the trailer.
1. IACOCCA already knew Shelby, and did not need a lecture, the Daytona's already had kicked some Ferrari A$$ in 64.
2. Miles punching Shelby...oh really.
3. The Deuce crying like baby, absurd!
4. Miles had proof by his own doing FoMoCo did not need 200 to 300 years.
If this is supposed to be funny, I'm not laughing.
Maybe after seeing it makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2112 and Apollo

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
It’s called creative license to heighten the storyline to folks who don’t know anything about the story, which is 99 percent of the population. Doesn’t mean it’s right though.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What ever it takes to sell tickets!

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I think there will be a keen new interest from all kind of non car folks in our 12 year old cars after this movie premieres.
Might even bump up values

Reactions: GTMD

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Speaking of movie trailers....

The movie has some good GT40 footage.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Speaking of movie trailers....

The movie has some good GT40 footage.
I have no Idea what I just watched, but it was great.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
French flick “A Man and a Woman.” Impress your wife with your sensitive side and ask her to watch a French romance film. Act surprised when you see the car scenes.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Love the Hollywood Ford GT GTG idea! Let's do it!

Reactions: GTMD and Joehand1

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
They need to add some schnozz to boy-Bale..............................

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Love the Hollywood Ford GT GTG idea! Let's do it!

Happy to support the effort. It would be pretty cool. Just let me know how you think we could approach it.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Will definitely see this film.
What I also hope is that someone will not wait 50 years to make a film of our more current history with the NGT program. The fact that Ford was able to develop the Gen II car, develop the racing program, execute the program and win the LeMans again, exactly 50 years after their 1966 rout (1st, 2nd and 3rd places) is truly amazing! To me, that would be an excellent story to tell...

Reactions: GTMD

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Will definitely see this film.
What I also hope is that someone will not wait 50 years to make a film of our more current history with the NGT program. The fact that Ford was able to develop the Gen II car, develop the racing program, execute the program and win the LeMans again, exactly 50 years after their 1966 rout (1st, 2nd and 3rd places) is truly amazing! To me, that would be an excellent story to tell...

I agree. The story keeps getting better and better.

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Hey Guys, this is BIG!!!!!! Every one I talk to about the movie is excited. A young boy came up to me yesterday at a car show and was telling me how he and his friends are just waiting for the movie to come out. See, there is a new young generation that is carrying on the heritage and tradition on what we all ready know and love. Hang on boys, the prices and excitement on our pieces of American history are about to skyrocket! These new young Hombre's are playing with are cars on video games and have posters/ pictures on their walls. What a great time to have, drive and Love a GT!

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Here's a great interview with Shelby for those who haven't seen it.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
I had heard excerpts from this before, but never the entire interview - thanks for sharing!
Shelby was a great man who had a tremendous influence on the sports car and racing industry.