Ford vs. Ferrari Film (2019)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
As most of you know, the Ford vs. Ferrari movie with stars Christian Bale and Matt Damon has completed filming.

I was at the Hillbank Motorsports Open House today in Irvine, and saw some of the cars that were purportedly used in the movie production. I haven't seen any of the pre-production or production, so I cannot verify, but the source (Distributor sales rep) seemed to be informed, or was at the very least, enthusiastic.

And the bodywork of the black striped car was taken off so that they could film a rolling chassis and engine.

Attachments

Reactions: Special K and GTMD

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
It’s called creative license to heighten the storyline to folks who don’t know anything about the story, which is 99 percent of the population. Doesn’t mean it’s right though.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What ever it takes to sell tickets!

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I think there will be a keen new interest from all kind of non car folks in our 12 year old cars after this movie premieres.
Might even bump up values

Reactions: GTMD

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Speaking of movie trailers....

The movie has some good GT40 footage.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
From Variety:

Fox has dated its untitled Ford vs. Ferrari movie, starring Matt Damon and Christian Bale, for June 28, 2019.

“Logan” director James Mangold is helming from a script by screenwriters Jez and John-Henry Butterworth (“Edge of Tomorrow”).

The film follows an eccentric, determined team of American engineers and designers, led by automotive visionary Carroll Shelby (Damon) and his British driver, Ken Miles (Bale), who are dispatched by Henry Ford II and Lee Iacocca with the mission of building from scratch an entirely new automobile with the potential to finally defeat the perennially dominant Ferrari at the 1966 Le Mans World Championship in France.

Caitriona Balfe will portray Miles’ wife and Noah Jupe will play their son. Jon Bernthal has been in talks to portray Iacocca. Chernin Entertainment is producing.
:pop:pop:pop:pop

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Here's a great interview with Shelby for those who haven't seen it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Speaking of movie trailers....

The movie has some good GT40 footage.
I have no Idea what I just watched, but it was great.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
French flick “A Man and a Woman.” Impress your wife with your sensitive side and ask her to watch a French romance film. Act surprised when you see the car scenes.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
As most of you know, the Ford vs. Ferrari movie with stars Christian Bale and Matt Damon has completed filming.

I was at the Hillbank Motorsports Open House today in Irvine, and saw some of the cars that were purportedly used in the movie production. I haven't seen any of the pre-production or production, so I cannot verify, but the source (Distributor sales rep) seemed to be informed, or was at the very least, enthusiastic.

And the bodywork of the black striped car was taken off so that they could film a rolling chassis and engine.
I was told that Race Car Replicas built many of the period
Correct GT 40s for the film

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
I had heard excerpts from this before, but never the entire interview - thanks for sharing!
Shelby was a great man who had a tremendous influence on the sports car and racing industry.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Great news - can't wait to see the movie. Is Christian or Matt playing Enzo?

Ed

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I was told that Race Car Replicas built many of the period
Correct GT 40s for the film
I heard the same. Wondering if they will go up for sale.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I may have mentioned this before, but Jeff Bucknum (son of Ronnie Bucknum, who drove the 3rd place car in 1966) did some of the stunt driving for the movie. He's a friend and also a former Indy Car driver for AJ Foyt.

So they really got the talent out for that movie--I hope it's good!

Reactions: Special K and GTMD

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Love the Hollywood Ford GT GTG idea! Let's do it!

Reactions: GTMD and Joehand1

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I understood Hillbank supplied the 3 winning MKII's. Dan's son Alex plays Dan in a small part. Hope it's well done but have been told Hollywood has taken some "liberties" with the history.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1950186/fullcredits...

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Hey Guys, this is BIG!!!!!! Every one I talk to about the movie is excited. A young boy came up to me yesterday at a car show and was telling me how he and his friends are just waiting for the movie to come out. See, there is a new young generation that is carrying on the heritage and tradition on what we all ready know and love. Hang on boys, the prices and excitement on our pieces of American history are about to skyrocket! These new young Hombre's are playing with are cars on video games and have posters/ pictures on their walls. What a great time to have, drive and Love a GT!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great news - can't wait to see the movie. Is Christian or Matt playing Enzo?

Ed
Matt is playing Caroll Shelby ..

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I didn't see any other threads active on this topic and I didn't want to make a new thread so I thought I would necro-bump this one.

I saw the new poster and trailer for the movie and decided to modify the poster.

I thought a nice picture of the real Ken Miles and Carroll Shelby was better than just a blank space above them.

What did everyone else think of the trailer?

I'm excited to go see it and I'm glad to see this story make it to Hollywood.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
All of the racing scenes were shot at the Ontario Airport in California. They had to shoot everything with the cars driving on the taxiway as they were unable to shutdown the main landing strips (way too busy) for this event. I had an invite to watch however work got in my way. Jay