Ford vs Ferrari Austin Event 11-15 to 11-17

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I have received booking info for the hotel and the event.

The hotel link is:

You register for the event by loading an app called park up front. Once you are in search for the event Ford VS Ferrari.

It will ask for a code JMKQ7CY. This covers parking security, the Saturday dinner and the movie.

This should be the largest gathering for the movie. 176 seats have been blocked for this event.

This event is being operated by Team Shelby Texas region. I can pass answers to the thread if you are coming.

Reactions: Spaceman

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Booked & Booked. Thanks

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Downloaded the app, joined the Team Shelby group, booked event and booked a room. Looking forward to seeing the group ( who ever signs up)! We plan on driving our '06 Heritage to this event. Can travel with our overnight items in it.

Reactions: Spaceman

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
I live 8 miles from the Sonesta. I’m sure I’ll see you guys there, but I don’t need a room!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
The 17th is our anniversary. What a great present for Renee, NOT. 😫😫😫. Would love to come but not going to happen.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Come on Blake, grow a pair. Plus TX will be a vacation from winter. Catfish Parlour is waiting for you.

SexyFGT

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Denver, CO
Any recommendations for where to park a truck and trailer?

I am interested in coming from Denver, Colorado.

Austinj427

Feb 12, 2018
Colorado

I wonder if you could call COTA and ask if you can drop it at the track. It's only like 30 miles or so.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I'll check with the organizers, but the hotel is on the edge of town. There might be a lot nearby. Once they give me an answer I'll post it. I'm going to an event at Petrol Lounge next week. They might have a spot. This was a destination at the last Austin Rally,

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
At the Austin rally we parked 30ft trailer across the river from host hotel. It was gated and had security. I believe it was the newspaper
Company. Big loading dock not used on the weekend.

Last edited:

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
The sonesta has a big parking lot, and is next door to a large mall that includes a Dick’s with a huge parking lot. I’ll drive over to the Sonesta today and look at their lot. COTA is about 45 minutes away and not a good option. Many options for trailer parking closer including the local high school. If this becomes a concern, I can help figure something out.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

How big is the truck and trailer? You might be able to park it at my house.

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Guys. Sonesta only has underground car parking. Dick’s Sporting Goods and a mall is behind Sonesta and has ample room. There are other options I can explore if needed, including my house, which is 10 minutes away,and can accommodate several rigs.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
The hotel replied that they do have some surface parking plus the Dicks Sporting Goods lot next door. I’ll also ask Petrol Lounge next Tuesday. This plus Rick’s spot should give you plenty of options. So far registrations are split evenly between the Fords and Ferraris

Rickmustang

Feb 19, 2019
Austin, Texas
One item of note is that Cars & Coffee is at COTA Sunday Nov 17. Usually 500-800 cars show up. Lots of Ferrari cars there, as the dealer brings cars. There is a nice route to COTA from Bee Cave where the hotel is, that includes a section of the tollway with the fastest speed limit in the United States....thought I would mention it. I bet we could get special group parking next to the F car camp if requested.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Great idea. 130 is getting a little wavy, but could be a fun run to Lockhart for lunch after COTA.

SexyFGT

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Denver, CO
At the Austin rally we parked 30ft trailer across the river from host hotel. It was gated and had security. I believe it was the newspaper
Company. Big loading dock not used on the weekend.

Is this close to the hotel?

The sonesta has a big parking lot, and is next door to a large mall that includes a Dick’s with a huge parking lot. I’ll drive over to the Sonesta today and look at their lot. COTA is about 45 minutes away and not a good option. Many options for trailer parking closer including the local high school. If this becomes a concern, I can help figure something out.

- if this has not been cleared with Dick's Sporting Goods and the property owner(mall), then I would be concerned about being towed.

How big is the truck and trailer? You might be able to park it at my house.
That is super nice of you to offer, and might take you up on the offer if other parking arrangements go south.
Truck is 21 feet. Trailer is 20 feet with a 5 foot tongue.

Guys. Sonesta only has underground car parking. Dick’s Sporting Goods and a mall is behind Sonesta and has ample room. There are other options I can explore if needed, including my house, which is 10 minutes away,and can accommodate several rigs.

The hotel replied that they do have some surface parking plus the Dicks Sporting Goods lot next door. I’ll also ask Petrol Lounge next Tuesday. This plus Rick’s spot should give you plenty of options. So far registrations are split evenly between the Fords and Ferraris

Has parking trailers been cleared with Dicks Sporting Goods?

Thank you for checking. It has been my experience in RV parking that most businesses do not allow overnight parking in their lots. In fact many municipalities have laws on the books for this.

SexyFGT

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Denver, CO

I don't know what the Hotel is talking about "hotel replied that they do have some surface parking", because looking at Google Maps / Earth they have zero surface parking that would accommodate a truck and trailer.

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
The hotel does not have surface parking. They have concrete all the around the hotel, but is all marked as a fire lane by the curb. There is a sign pointing to more parking, which is the Dick’s/mall parking lot. I assume the hotel has a deal with the mall for surface parking. My house can handle 3-4 rigs with come and go freedom.

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Is this close to the hotel?

Look up this address.
The loading dock is fenced.
You will have to get with security for access.
We were desperate for parking and this worked for us.
We dropped the trailer and drove tow vehicle to hotel parking.
Real close to hotel could walk it.
Uber would be easy

Attachments

• EC0EF5F7-7176-43D7-A62D-D22A3920E5D7.png
    EC0EF5F7-7176-43D7-A62D-D22A3920E5D7.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 12