https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhtHflDrnAU

attachment.php

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Billy Taylor wrote the tune and his instrumental version was the theme music for "Film Night" that was shown on the BBC 20-30 years ago. I've never heard the lyrics before, nice stuff

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Billy Taylor wrote the tune and his instrumental version was the theme music for "Film Night" that was shown on the BBC 20-30 years ago. I've never heard the lyrics before, nice stuff

BBC still use the same instrumental today on Film 2017

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The actor Bryan Cranston is the voice over on the commercial. That's neat that Ford had him do it.

It's a cool commercial and it isn't even about performance. It's about the things Ford is up to. They show an EV, an autonomous vehicle &, of course, ends with the NGT!

I like the song "I Wish I Knew How I Would Feel To Be Free" & it is on my iPhone & sung by one of my favorites, John Legend. However, the 1967 version on the commercial is sung by Nina Simone. I know when I drive my GT I feel free.

Ed

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
They even got Dr Frank on his Hot Wheels!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
One of the last images was HORRIFYING....... A "car" with out a steering wheel....

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
One of the last images was HORRIFYING....... A "car" with out a steering wheel....

Take my word for it - there a lot of people out there driving that shouldn't. Those cars are made for them! Safer for all!

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Agree 1000%, just hope im dead before its forced on everyone.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Agree 1000%, just hope im dead before its forced on everyone.

Shows I'm getting old, I thought you said that same thing about having to have 3 pedals. :lol

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
BBC still use the same instrumental today on Film 2017

We are old farts, Phil

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I wish.... That ship has sailed. Only hope is enough of a cult following where cars like the 911r continue to be produced...

Shows I'm getting old, I thought you said that same thing about having to have 3 pedals. :lol

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
How about the gt350r?!?

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I like the commercial. Certainly much better than the Chevrolet marketing plan of putting boring cars in exciting rooms.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Buick had the best commercial.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Can't believe I'm saying this....... I liked Kia (save the world)or the Honda (year book) more than the Buick.

GeeTee

GT Owner
Jul 5, 2015
Off topic I know but since we love our dogs, best ad 2016 for me
https://m.johnlewis.com/christmas-advert

Perhaps FMC can get these advertising folks on board too! There is youtube on the making of it.( Quality camerawork, Lots of computer animation it seems.)