Ford Racing M-9430-GTX headers - new

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
In a configuration without the OEM CATs, the FRPP retains the O2 catalyst check (hence the CA EO certification) and will most certainly trigger a CEL. If you don't want a CEL, you'll need a tuner such as Torrie to turn off the O2 test. You can still pass CA visual like this as well as the OBD2 hook-up because (currently) CA still allows for one monitor incomplete status. However, no chance in hell that a Ford GT can pass the CA emissions sniff test without the CATs.

When I ordered the FRPP tune, I advised the tech that I was using the FRPP headers and muffler and I was specifically concerned about a CEL. I was told the tune was compatible. in any event, I never had a CEL when I ran the tune. Perhaps the catalyst check was modified in the tune?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
After about 500 miles or so, my CEL light came on, after I installed the rear exit headers. However, just afterwards, I went to Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, for SAAC 32, and, while there, I filled up with LEADED 110 octane fuel (since the CATS were removed). As I was running the track, the indicator went out. I asked Denis, and the FRPP crew that was there, and the consensus was that the LEADED fuel burned out the sensors. So, I just left it that way, but purchased replacement sensors in the event that I returned the system to stock. A lot less work than trying to get around the CEL, as long as you're not required to be tested.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ralphie, that is odd since a damaged sensor should trigger a CEL. Nevertheless, I'm glad it works for you. Even when I know a CEL is benign, it still drives me crazy.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ralphie, that is odd since a damaged sensor should trigger a CEL. Nevertheless, I'm glad it works for you. Even when I know a CEL is benign, it still drives me crazy.

Well, not really. If it's triggered by the O2 sensor in this situation, it's benign. But if it remains on and you ignore it, then there would be no way to know if something more dire could also be setting off the light.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sold to a forum member who's really looking forward to obnoxious loud exhaust :biggrin

:cheers
Anders

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sold to a forum member who's really looking forward to obnoxious loud exhaust :biggrin

Anders

I sure it will meet and exceed the new owner's expectations.

Obie1

GT Owner
Nov 11, 2012
St. Pete, FL & Dallas, TX
It looks like I am too late in noticing that these headers were for sale. Does anyone know if they would pass inspection in Texas and / or Florida? And if so, are there other sets out there available for sale? Would they need to be coated prior to install to minimize heat? My GT is currently stock, and I want to install the smaller supercharger pulley, make the exhaust louder and more free-flowing, and do the re- tune for these mods. i would welcome any guidance and suggestions. Thx. - Obie1

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
It looks like I am too late in noticing that these headers were for sale....

The Rear Exit Headers, Ford Racing M-9430-GTX, are not available from Ford Racing anymore

HOWEVER,

they are currently available directly from Borla (who made them for Ford Racing) as P/N 12657

http://www.borla.com/products/ford_gt_20052006_headers_part__12657.html

The Borla muffler,, Long tube headers, midpipes, etc are also now directly available from Borla

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The Rear Exit Headers, Ford Racing M-9430-GTX, are not available from Ford Racing anymore

HOWEVER,

they are currently available directly from Borla (who made them for Ford Racing) as P/N 12657

http://www.borla.com/products/ford_gt_20052006_headers_part__12657.html

Obie1-they are essentially the same part without the Ford Racing script. I would definitely coat them for heat retention and aesthetics. I can't speak about whether they would pass a Texas inspection, but there are no inspections in Florida. Thus, no problem. Before you go through the effort of installing the rear exit headers, you should listen to them in person. They sound killer but are too much for many people. Personally, I would use the headers and the Borla muffler. The Ford Racing scripted muffler is still available from various vendors if the script is important to you, and the headers give you the option of easily installing a myriad of muffler replacements (x -pipe, etc.) if the Borla muffler isn't to your liking. I love the headers/Borla combo. I like the look of the Ford Racing logo too.

Paul

banker

Dec 6, 2012
Philippines
Hi,
Please pm me where I can call or email you regarding the ford m-9430-gtx exhaust if it is still available. Thanks.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Banker

Sent you an email. I just need to get confirmation from the other Forum member if he really wants it or not .....

Thanks
Anders

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well, now officially for sale again as former buyer backed out of the deal - I would guess this has to be the longest running ad for a set of headers - but then, now there can´t be any more new originals left for sale either ..... :wink

So let me know if you want real Ford Racing ones :lol

Anders

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Well, now officially for sale again as former buyer backed out of the deal - I would guess this has to be the longest running ad for a set of headers - but then, now there can´t be any more new originals left for sale either ..... :wink

So let me know if you want real Ford Racing ones :lol

Anders

Sounds like you need to put these in your suitcase and bring them to the Rally!

Definitely would
be a great auction item!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sounds like you need to put these in your suitcase and bring them to the Rally!

Definitely would
be a great auction item!

You might be right - but then need bigger suitcase.

Maybe best option is to paint them pink, wrap them in neon, and have a one of a kind piece of wall art :biggrin:facepalm:

So now off the market ... off the to the painter :)

Last edited:

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
sold again