Ford Part Number Please

Slow8

Mar 14, 2008
I need the part number for the torx bolts that hold the front and rear engine under body (diffuser) panels on.

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
The bolt is part # 4G7Z-16163-AA. Be prepared for stupid pricing. My discount price was $5.06 each. It is a 6x1.0x25mm Torx bolt.

Slow8

Mar 14, 2008
Thanks for the info...

The dealership that worked on this car before us stripped the heads on the Torx bolts. I dunno what they were using but the dealer sucks.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thanks for the info...

The dealership that worked on this car before us stripped the heads on the Torx bolts. I dunno what they were using but the dealer sucks.

You might wanna run a tap thru the bolt holes incase they stripped those too somewhere... :cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Ford is proud of them I keep 'em in stock.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Use a T-27 Torx for all screws in the rear-most pan. For the mid-pan, the 6 screws on the outermost edge (3 on each side) that also attach the rocker panels are longer and use a T-30 Torx. I thought the manual even called for a T-25 somewhere - but that would be incorrect, and could lead to stripping of the heads.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Use a T-27 Torx for all screws in the rear-most pan. For the mid-pan, the 6 screws on the outermost edge (3 on each side) that also attach the rocker panels are longer and use a T-30 Torx. I thought the manual even called for a T-25 somewhere - but that would be incorrect, and could lead to stripping of the heads.

+1

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Also you can go stainless as an option.

If you use stainless steel, make sure you use a very good thread lube (ARP Assembly Lube works great) in order to prevent galling and freezing the bolt to the threaded hole!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
If you use stainless steel, make sure you use a very good thread lube (ARP Assembly Lube works great) in order to prevent galling and freezing the bolt to the threaded hole!

Thanks Ralphie, I forgot to mention that. I guess the rest of my post was not PC enough. :lol

Anytime that you place two dissimilar metals together you have to place a barrier between them. Also going into aluminum you have to be careful and hand thread them the first 1/4 of the way before you place a speed drive on them to prevent cross threading. I put a bit of white lithium on the threads just to be safe and to make it a bit easier next time no matter what faster is going into the underside of the car.

Is that a bit OCD? yes. but I also have never galled or stripped a fastner either. I enjoy tinkering on the cars as a way to vent stress and see some results. When you work a job that takes years to see the fruit of your efforts ... stuff like that really makes a difference .. or at least it does for me.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida

:thumbsup. A T25 on the pan bolts will do it. Make sure your using a 27