Ford Part Number for Nutsert

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA

Does anyone happen to know the Ford part # for the nutsert that the underside of the car sheet metal is connected to. Or is there a compatible piece that will work?

Thanks in advance for your reply-
Reid

H

HHGT

Does anyone happen to know the Ford part # for the nutsert that the underside of the car sheet metal is connected to. Or is there a compatible piece that will work?

Thanks in advance for your reply-
Reid

Go to Clippinger Ford Parts Dept (10) and Azusa Ave. and ask for the Supervisor "Rich" and tell him Sam sent you. You'll get my prices and he'll order you any GT part you want.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
http://www.tooltopia.com/marson-39303.aspx

I haven't used it on my FGT, but have on other cars. It works great!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Reid,

Which nutsert underneath? We need to know the thickness of the material the nutsert is in and the diameter of the hole AFTER you remove the "bad" nutsert. This will determine which replacement will work best. Be careful if you remove the bad one yourself and try not to enlarge the hole. We have a couple of sizes around - just let me know which one, i.e., the thickness of the material. Also, just want to make sure your are not talking about a J-bolt clip. Under the car, both accept M6 x 1.0 fasteners.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
If you are replacing rivnuts be sure to use steel ones and paint between the contact points to avoid galvanic corrosion. Some of the kits come with Aluminum rivnuts. You can easily check the one(s) you need to replace with a magnet.

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
Reid,

Which nutsert underneath? We need to know the thickness of the material the nutsert is in and the diameter of the hole AFTER you remove the "bad" nutsert. This will determine which replacement will work best. Be careful if you remove the bad one yourself and try not to enlarge the hole. We have a couple of sizes around - just let me know which one, i.e., the thickness of the material. Also, just want to make sure your are not talking about a J-bolt clip. Under the car, both accept M6 x 1.0 fasteners.

Please see the red arrows pointing to the nutserts that I would like to replace.
Thanks again!
Reid

Attachments

• underside ford gt.jpg
    underside ford gt.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,035

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Rivnut - 5G7Z-5E065-AA

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Those three rivnuts that you are pointing to are part of the mid pan. They are aluminum and should be fairly easy to replace. I would recommend removing the mid pan to address the repair. These aluminum rivnuts are about $.50 cents each at a good hardware store or $4.00 each from Ford.

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
Go to Clippinger Ford Parts Dept (10) and Azusa Ave. and ask for the Supervisor "Rich" and tell him Sam sent you. You'll get my prices and he'll order you any GT part you want.

Thanks Sam. Have you had work done on your GT at Clippinger?

H

HHGT

Thanks Sam. Have you had work done on your GT at Clippinger?

A long time ago, but they have downsized considerably since and the tech is no longer there. The owner is a close friend. For service, go see Kendall, aka CooltechLLC. When you're ready, we can take a run up to his place by Magic Mountain. They cater the best In-N-Out hamburgers..

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Reid,

Come visit us out in Valencia and we'll fix you up. I have the nutserts and tool in stock.