Ford or Ferrari?

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Gawker to security guard, looking at the dozen GT's in the parking garage at our hotel in Lake Tahoe, "How come these cars all say 'Ford GT' on them, but they look like Ferrari's?" Security guard to gawker, "I have no idea, but I'm going to ticket them if they don't have parking passes."

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Sounds like a pragmatic approach though :)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Gawker obviously doesn't even know what a Ferrari looks like.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Is that a Pantera?????

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I heard this yesterday when I was making my way back from the Rally.

"What kind of car do you have out there?"

Me: It's a Ford GT.

"No, I mean that Ferrari outside"

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I got pulled over today by an unsavvy cop who decided to run my plate and then assumed that the car was stolen, because it was a Ferrari and came up as a Ford GT in his computer. He quickly apologized for his lack of Ford GT knowledge. When he said he thought it was a Ferrari, I replied "Ferrari wishes this was a Ferrari". I wonder if the big blue FORD GT sticker on each of the doors gave it away to him in the end...

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Coming back from Lime Rock two years ago I was asked at a gas station: "What is that some kind of Corvette?" I think the only thing higher than his IQ was the number of teeth in his mouth and it was pretty close at that.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Try driving a Gt with No STRIPES.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
If they're hot I just say ya, it's a Ferrari hun. I figure that's how Kayvan does it, right?

lulz

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
I was pulled over a few years ago & after some examination of the front and rear of the GT the cop said "So, this has an engine in the front, AND one in the back, huh"

Uhhhh, no. Sorry just in the "back". LOL

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Mine has both engines...you mean you have a GT without the front engine???

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
A cook at a local KFC saw my car in the parking lot, immediately abandoned his fryer and ran outside toward me, waiving his arms excitedly screaming " I Know'd that not a Ferrari!."

So, I guess he knew his cars...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
"Ferrari?" "You are close - it's a Ferrari beater!"

Ed

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I was pulled over a few years ago & after some examination of the front and rear of the GT the cop said "So, this has an engine in the front, AND one in the back, huh"

It's a hybrid. It burns gas AND rubber.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I've gotten the Pantera, Ferrari, ect. What I normally start off with is ... "What it is, is mine" and a wink. It normally gets a laugh and then I get to tell the GT story. Enjoy it every time.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Joehand1

Sorry, I was in Hattiesburg Monday & Tuesday and wasn't thinking Ford GT stuff or I would like to have met for dinner. My wife and I were there for the Southern Miss. Fred Hall College Invitational at HCC.
Would have been great to meet up. Maybe next year.

Larry

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
Try driving a Gt with No STRIPES.

Exactly......you are driving a Ferrari !

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Hey RadGT...don't talk bad about people with no teeth. Jeff saved up enough money to fix his but bought a SF GT40 instead. Here he is showing off his acorn.

DSC_0150.jpg

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I just returned from Shades of the Past car show at Pigeon Forge TN. No one had a problem identifying it there as a Ford GT. Had crowds around it almost constantly from 0900-2100 for 3 days. My car buddies kept commenting how popular my FGT was. It was really nice to see how excited people are when they see the car. I almost went hoarse answering questions about the car each day.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hey RadGT...don't talk bad about people with no teeth. Jeff saved up enough money to fix his but bought a SF GT40 instead. Here he is showing off his acorn.

View attachment 30965

attachment.php

He told me Ed Sims did the nice work. :lol