2017 Ford GT serial #34
Extended Color Palette 2 - Speed Yellow
Shadow Black Stripes
Gloss CF wheels and lowers
Red brake calipers
Dark Energy upgrade leather interior
Leather steering wheel
Titanium lug nuts

Didn't you get the Ti Exhaust? What are your thoughts on it?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Ti exhaust.

Didnt you get the Ti Exhuast? What are your thoughts on it?

Simon,

My car was delayed for months while I was waiting for that Ti exhaust to become available. While I was at Le Mans last June I finally deleted it to try to get my car built before the Rally. They couldn't quite get it done by R12 and when I finally saw the Ti exhaust I didn't think it would look good on my yellow & black car. The large diameter black tips on the standard exhaust fill the body openings nicely and the black color obviously goes better on my yellow/black car. The silver/gold small diameter tips on the Ti exhaust don't fill those openings and I wasn't wild about that look & color with yellow. I'd like the 22lb weight savings though. The Multimatic people said the Ti exhaust is slightly quieter and has a slightly different tone.

Bottom line is no, I don't have it but it's available now. Here's what the smaller Ti tips look like. My standard black tips are shown in the bottom photo.

Chip

Attachments

• IMG_3660.jpg
    IMG_3660.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 757
  • IMG_4101.JPG
    IMG_4101.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 792
Last edited:

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
2017 Ford GT serial #34
Extended Color Palette 2 - Speed Yellow
Shadow Black Stripes
Gloss CF wheels and lowers
Red brake calipers
Dark Energy upgrade leather interior
Leather steering wheel
Titanium lug nuts

Beautiful car. I am a big fan of yellow and the red brake calipers are mandatory as it really adds a great contrast. Congratulations.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I agree Chip. Also I was told no increase in HP or TQ, only weight savings of 22lbs. Didn't know about sound decrease. And yes delay in production. The weight savings wasn't enough for me to pay the extra 10k.
Chip have you noticed any black carbon residue on the bottom of the exhaust area? Hard to come off?

Fasferrari

Sep 1, 2017
Avon, CT
Simon,

My car was delayed for months while I was waiting for that Ti exhaust to become available. While I was at Le Mans last June I finally deleted it to try to get my car built before the Rally. They couldn't quite get it done by R12 and when I finally saw the Ti exhaust I didn't think it would look good on my yellow & black car. The large diameter black tips on the standard exhaust fill the body openings nicely and the black color obviously goes better on my yellow/black car. The silver/gold small diameter tips on the Ti exhaust don't fill those openings and I wasn't wild about that look & color with yellow. I'd like the 22lb weight savings though. The Multimatic people said the Ti exhaust is slightly quieter and has a slightly different tone.

Bottom line is no, I don't have it but it's available now. Here's what the smaller Ti tips look like. My standard black tips are shown in the bottom photo.

Chip
The standard exhaust seems like the correct size for the GT
while the TI size may have been an afterthought and sized
to save weight.
Can you tell me how to get info on dates,times and location of GT rallies
please?
Thank you CB.
Best wishes.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
My car, which was delivered was the 50th vehicle. Chis and 2 others were still in the trailer. They would have been 51, 52 and Chips would be 53.
Ajb (andy)

Looking all over for pics my friend. You know im stuck in this wheelchair for 1 more month. Frustrating to be 30 minutes away . Almost taste those colors.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Tom. Please take care and recover. There is a thread on my car titled "vehicle no. 00098 to be delivered Tuesday"
A nice set of pictures is included that DBK and others posted for me.
Andy (ajb)

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Oh my goodness way better than I ever imagined.

tho.stegmaier

Sep 25, 2017
Didn't you get the Ti Exhaust? What are your thoughts on it?
Hey Chip, i must wait for my GT till 2019...but i' m looking for the sound. Which one is louder?? The original or the titan-exhaust??

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey Chip, I must wait for my GT till 2019...but I'm looking for the sound. Which one is louder?? The original or the titan-exhaust??

According to the folks at Multimatic who have heard them both run on the dyno the standard exhaust is slightly louder than the Ti exhaust.

Chip

tho.stegmaier

Sep 25, 2017
According to the folks at Multimatic who have heard them both run on the dyno the standard exhaust is slightly louder than the Ti exhaust.

Chip
Thank you

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
The standard exhaust has a great snarl under load. Otherwise very civil puttering around.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hey Chip, i must wait for my GT till 2019...but i' m looking for the sound. Which one is louder?? The original or the titan-exhaust?? Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Stegmaier - I am also waiting till 2019 which means we will see & hear both exhausts by then. Ford may even have other options by then. The Ti exhaust is cool since it's racer like. I even used some Ti fasteners on my '05 GT for the cool factor. If anyone is into racing they will love Ti.

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
ECP Verde Mantis delivered today.

065f7fd0b9715314606a8df145cff6a6.jpg

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
ECP Verde Mantis delivered today.

065f7fd0b9715314606a8df145cff6a6.jpg

Damn[emoji15]I like!!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Sick! I love the vibrant colors!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
That looks good right there.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Better

76f317aa894f8390292ef410b868a871.jpg

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
The wilder the color the better the GT looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.