Ford GT year 3-4 production announced

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
That's what I read too

Don't look at the glass as half-empty. This is positive news for us!

And I really don't think there are going to be 6000 more applicants.

Thank you, Ford!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
But doesn't seem us deferred people will get any preference, I think the "wait list" people are in good position, but now we deferred folks are just in the pot again with 6000 more applicants.

I'd just say again that 69% of the first 500 went to GT owners. It's a reasonable bet that the percentage for the second 500 is even higher. So by the nature of the process, if you own a GT, you are going to get preference no matter what. And as the pool of buyers shrinks, duration of ownership lengthens, usage increases, etc your odds are going up.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
This is great news! Thank you again, Ford!

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Great news for sure for everyone. No doubt, Ford can not satisfy all parties but it seems to me they are doing what they can to supply as many as possible.

Thanks again FORD!!!!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
So hopeful and excited!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Very nice Ford (Raj!). Thank you for continuing the production to give more Ford fanatics a chance to own this special car.

Everyone should keep in mind that producing a car like this is a huge headache for Ford, which isn't in the supercar business year after year; Ford isn't likely to make as much money on these cars as people may think; and producing the cars in years 3 and 4 isn't required to race them in those same years. The decision to continue the production run seems less like a hard-nosed business calculation and more like a sincere effort to reward Ford fans.

+1

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
And as the pool of buyers shrinks, duration of ownership lengthens, usage increases, etc your odds are going up.

That is true, as long as the pool of applicants doesn't balloon. My fear is that if these start trading in the secondary market way above sticker, competition to get the last cars (at MSRP) will be as bad or worse! Non-flip language may help with that, though.

That said, I think Ford did a good job of trying to get the cars in the right hands (my application notwithstanding!). So...I'll just press forward hopefully!

Kenneth

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I'd just say again that 69% of the first 500 went to GT owners. It's a reasonable bet that the percentage for the second 500 is even higher. So by the nature of the process, if you own a GT, you are going to get preference no matter what. And as the pool of buyers shrinks, duration of ownership lengthens, usage increases, etc your odds are going up.

Any chance they will create a new waitlist for those that were deferred? 2018 is a long time to wait in agony.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
IMO, this puts Year 4'ers at an advantage. Presumably the lockup will have expired on some cars and the true market price will have been determined. You can choose to buy on the used market if the price is lower. You will also have a good idea if the car is a good investment. I know there are some who don't care about the value, but I'd rather have that information myself.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
IMO, this puts Year 4'ers at an advantage. Presumably the lockup will have expired on some cars and the true market price will have been determined. You can choose to buy on the used market if the price is lower. You will also have a good idea if the car is a good investment. I know there are some who don't care about the value, but I'd rather have that information myself.

Very good point.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
" So you say there's a chance " - Dumb and Dumber

Thanks Ford !

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks Ford, Great News. Sounds like a Great reason th have a Tito's Party in Austin , Texas next month!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 257

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
GREAT NEWS! Thank you Ford.

Here's another announcement from Motor Authority ...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1105652_ford-confirms-2-more-years-of-gt-supercar-production

usmcfred

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Offical Ford press release

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...nd-production-of-all-new-ford-gt-superca.html

Here is says:
Year three of production will support applicants who were placed on the wait list; previously deferred applicants and those who missed the initial application window will be served by production year four. The application process for fourth-year production will reopen in early 2018. Those who already applied to own the car will only need to update their request.
So folks that got the thumbs up today were seeing the result of year three allocations.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL

And perhaps a few more than 1000 cars will be produced...

Todays news is fantastic!

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats to all the wait list folks. Ford has done a terrific job on a challenging process. Hope my deferred status will change in early 2018! Maybe they will save the best for last, twin turbo or supercharged flat plane crank V8 750 Hp in NGT. Opps, wrong car, can you say 2018 GT500 mustang!

Last edited:

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Thanks Ford, Great News. Sounds like a Great reason th have a Tito's Party in Austin , Texas next month!

Mollie and I will be at your table, Tommy!

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Exactly what i am thinking and hoping for. keeping my fingers crossed i get a chance in year 4 . Either way im still driving and buying Fords regardless.Joe

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
i think its a pretty safe bet the price of used ones will not be lower

JKR

GT Owner
This is great news, I really hope i'm selected this time around. I'm really looking forward to taking the NFGT to the street and the track...
Thank you Raj and Ford :thumbsup