Ford GT team in the American LeMans series

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
WE SHOULD BOOK A BLOCK OF TIX AT THE FLAG ROOM AT LAGUNA.... be a kick!

Count me in...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Olibor,
Thanks for posting all of the info !! You know you'll have some hardcore fans around here !!! I would love to see your cars at Sebring !! I maybe interested in some of your CF GT body parts and other bolt on goodies. Also if you need a shop in South Florida to show off your hardware mine is open to you. There would be ample parking on Sat or Sunday and I've got a big shop with a couple of lifts you could use if need be.. Please keep us posted.. Thanks again for sharing the passion !!!

Attachments

• MY GT 058.jpg
    MY GT 058.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

wb1

Apr 21, 2007
Sebring, Fl.
Don't forget; Winter Testing is 28,29,30 Jan. and is open to the public.

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Winter Testing

Where is winter testing? Do we know how many GT's will be there?
Thanks!!
Tungsten

wb1

Apr 21, 2007
Sebring, Fl.
Sebring International Raceway. I think Oliver said that there would be 2?

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Looks like they will be at the Chin event @Sebring this weekend. This is going to be one cool track day. :banana:banana:banana

2 cars are registered

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here's an email and photo I recieved from Manny. He is in Sebring now (luck guy). I look forward to more details and photos from him when he returns.

"Here's a picture from Sebring. I'll take more. Feel free to post this pic., if you want to. This will not be the car they will be running. What they are doing now is getting a feel for the chassis/rear engine car. The motor being used is stock, complete with supercharger.
You will also notice one other very important speed part on this car. The color!!"

PC220335.jpg

Last edited:

DBP

Jan 28, 2007
Central Florida
Do you know how long the team will be in Sebring?

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Not sure if they were going to stay longer. They did say they would be back in January. It was a great treat to have them there.

Basically they were there to get a feel for the car. The drivers have raced front engined cars (Panoz, I think) for the most part. I tried to stay out of their way as they were quite busy. Lots of work going on with the wing and front splitter. One difficulty they mentioned they were having was overheating. They asked me if I had similar problems (which I do). They are running a stock engine ( without the muffler) and were getting only 6 laps before having to come in and put fans to the car. The stance of that car with the huge slicks was just mean looking. I was only able to take a few pic's as I left the camera on and drained the battery. I let one of the drivers know that a group of us would be going to St. Pete to see them race. He was a genuinely cool guy.

Another neat thing was that as I was exiting my room I noticed fellow forum member, Lew, getting in the elevator with me. He took his beautiful red gt. I believe he has pic's of his car next to the gt racer. Oh, and there was one of them Buggati Verizons that SuperB loves so much. It's quite a treat to watch someone track their 1 M + car.

Lew

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2006
South Florida
It was a beautiful track day at Sebring, even for a novice. Great seeing Manny with his Exige -- what a small world! I was running with a pulley/tune, Heffner exhaust and stock tires, and had an absolute blast.

The Robertson race team was friendly and enthusiastic, and having met them will make watching ALMS even more enjoyable. Their practice car's cage makes getting in and out of a stock GT look easy! The GT-R race car, still in development, will be appropriately badged #40. Can't wait for Sebring and St. Pete.

I've posted a cell phone picture of the Robertson car and mine -- will try to post a better version. The race team agreed that red IS faster :devil !!

-lew

Attachments

• FordGT at Sebring with Robertson2.JPG
    FordGT at Sebring with Robertson2.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 226

Lew

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2006
South Florida
added picture

olibor

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
Dear Ford GT racing enthusiasts,

just a new years update and a question. Right about now the GTR is standing on four corners the first time. The engine has run some dyno runs but we are still working on a satisfactory airbox. January will be very hard on our whole group. We have the body fully in digital form now and we are making the moulds (all off digital files). The first set of doors are done (and weigh in at 11 pounds each (as opposed to 26 for the aluminum stock parts) The hood is done, The front splitter underbody is done. Still a way to go. We are 100% committed to try to be at Sebring January 28th but it may or may not happen The car that will be there will be the Robertson's (not to be confused with their track car some of you saw at their track day). There should be at least three cars at the Sebring 12 Hour race (we are presently building 4 cars) Happy new year to all of you. Also one page before one of you offered your shop in Florida as a stopping point for our USA tour. That is exactly what I am looking for. Please call me at 434 806 2435 during business hours and we will make you one of the stops. Thank you
Regards Oliver.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Oli, that was Stormcat.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Dear Ford GT racing enthusiasts,

just a new years update and a question. Right about now the GTR is standing on four corners the first time. The engine has run some dyno runs but we are still working on a satisfactory airbox. January will be very hard on our whole group. We have the body fully in digital form now and we are making the moulds (all off digital files). The first set of doors are done (and weigh in at 11 pounds each (as opposed to 26 for the aluminum stock parts) The hood is done, The front splitter underbody is done. Still a way to go. We are 100% committed to try to be at Sebring January 28th but it may or may not happen The car that will be there will be the Robertson's (not to be confused with their track car some of you saw at their track day). There should be at least three cars at the Sebring 12 Hour race (we are presently building 4 cars) Happy new year to all of you. Also one page before one of you offered your shop in Florida as a stopping point for our USA tour. That is exactly what I am looking for. Please call me at 434 806 2435 during business hours and we will make you one of the stops. Thank you
Regards Oliver.

That was my photo.. My doors are open to you !! I'll move out all of my junk!! So you can have free reign over the space!! When your cars leave I can't promise all of the body parts will be intact!!.:biggrin Sorry have a weakness for the CF stuff !! I'll ring you next week . You can contact me at 954 298 7510..
And yes Frank I'm still working on the Bottle holders !!!

D

Deleted member 2175

There should be at least three cars at the Sebring 12 Hour race (we are presently building 4 cars)
Woo Hoo-o-o-o! :cheers This is going to be a great year to be at Sebring!

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
Oliver when are you coming to florida and how long will you be here? How much room do you need when you are at someone's shop. I mite have a place in south florida. Bill

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Assuming all of the GT's body panels and doors are replaced with the lighter weight CF pieces, how many pounds will be saved?
Also, I only saw this thread today, so I guess I need to frequent this web site more often. :lol:lol BTW, I'm in for the Laguna Seca get together, and maybe Houston's.

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Has anyone pointed them to the cooling improvement of removing the center section of the hood as mentioned in this thread by nz06gt?

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7418&highlight=overheating&page=5

D

Deleted member 2175

Heres the website about teams for the ALMS this year. http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/ALMS08.asp Trans Sport is a good team and will probably do well with the Ford GT MarkVII.

olibor

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
ford gt racing

to answer the question of the weight savings of the carbon panels.
We expect to take about 200 pounds out of the stock body by going to Carbon.

we will not be at the january winter test for the ALMS with any cars. Sorry but in the interest for being ready for Sebring we decided against it (you can see a detailed explanation on updated Ford GTTV website.

Our Doran / Kuttner Ford GT Le mans racer will likely be named the Ford GTR Mark VII what do you think of that as the official homologated (by the ACO name)?

We should have at least 3 cars at Sebring. Judging by present interest we expect to build another at least 5 or 6 for a total run of at least 8 to 10 cars
If the cars do well there could be as many as 20. We are willing to sell no more than 3 to collectors or weekend warriors the remainder will be sold to racing teams only. This will be an unique opportunity if you are the type of person who would like an Enzo or MC12.
The cars are coming out very nice and will represent true value. We know about this as we service one MC 12 and we had many Ferrari 333 SPs in our shop. Those cars turned out to be great cars both in terms of fun and value.
We are trying to plan our year so please speak up or visit if you are interested in one.
Thanks Oliver