FORD GT Saddle Bag

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Wondering if anyone has ordered a GT Saddle Bag from Ford GT Parts? Would like to hear any comments, and if the bag has a carrying handle as well as carrying trip. Sounds really neat.
Marty

Attachments

• IMG_1379.jpg
    IMG_1379.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 444

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yup ,got that!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Yup ,got that!
What a shock you have one of everything ever made.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Any comments? I posted it to find out about it, if it has a carrying handle as well as a strap?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
handle and strap .Its a decent bag

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Thanks, will get one.

Dear MartynL,

can you tell me from where you did order that Saddle Bag ???

sincerely yours

FelixIbizaSwitzerland

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Felix, http://www.fordgtparts.com/servlet/StoreFront The bag is under "apparel."

My wife and I figured out something similar when we drove 1638 down to Rally 8, only we used messenger bags. Mine was from Aerostich. REI also makes a number of soft nylon bags that would work. The GT saddle bag is nice, but too small. I think to be really useful, the saddlebags should be 5 x 14-16 x 24-26 inches. That really fills the space between the seat most efficiently. At that size, it's amazing how much stuff you can carry - in conjunction with the car cover bag in the "trunk", we had no problem packing a week's worth of clothing (including some "dress up" clothes) and everything else we needed.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
5"x14"x12". seems a little small.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Finally got the saddle bag, but alas only a carry strap, can't seem to find any carrying handle! Very nice, however,
Marty

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think it is the the size to actually be carried on the saddle. That's the size of my leather saddle valise on my Grimsley saddle.

Ed

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Wow! Now I'll have to buy a saddle. Then probably would need a horse. Then probably will be thrown out of my apartment building!
Marty

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
My horse Indy with a repro 1847 enlisted man's Grimsley & valise strapped on the cantle per regs for Mex War. You wouldn't believe all the things they were suppose to carry in the valise. Sorry - kind of a thread hijack.

Ed

Attachments

• '47 Grimsley enlisted horse.jpg
    '47 Grimsley enlisted horse.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 39