Ford GT parade lap at the Carlisle Ford Nationals

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Hey guys,

The Robertsons and H will be bringing their race cars to the Carlisle Ford Nationals on June 2-4. Greg and I will be displaying a couple of the GT1 Matech cars and Micheal will be bringing his GT3 Matech. Here's more info about the parade lap. We welcome any and all Ford GT's and GT owners to join us for the parade lap which will be held on Friday and Saturday at 2pm in Carlisle, PA fairgrounds. We'll also have a special Ford GT display area at the event!

Here's more info about the Robertson GT's as well.

We're also happy to announce that Henry Ford III will also be joining our event too. Maybe he'll even join us in the Ford GT parade :wink (UPDATE: Henry can no longer fit the event into his schedule, sorry!!)

Hope to see you guys there, it should be a great time!

Life is good,

Lance

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
I can't make it this year but I attended this in 2015 (and did the downtown parade)...it was a BLAST!

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Gee I wonder what Henry will be driving in the parade :lol

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Sounds like a blast. Hope the turn out is epic.

Vince H

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
When did this come together? We will be there, but wasn't planning on bringing the GT....

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Gee I wonder what Henry will be driving in the parade :lol

It's a secret... don't tell! :)

By the way, this will be a SLOW parade around the actual facility. We've never done this before and thought it would be a unique way for our attendees to enjoy seeing the cars in motion. Plus we thought the social media aspect would be really cool too! We're super excited about this year's event. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate asking.

DBK, what will you be driving?! :)

Lance

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
When did this come together? We will be there, but wasn't planning on bringing the GT....

It was a recent effort, better late than never?! It'll be pretty special... Just wanted to let the Forum know first hand. We didn't even announce that Henry Ford III will be attending yet. It'll be out there soon.

Cheers,

Lance

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Very cool. We will be there for the event as we have 1 1967 500 set to be in the indoor 50th display and Ken A. was holding a 2nd spot for another 67 500 survivor condition car that i am scrambling to get driveable . Now I may need to bring a 3rd car a GT to have some fun.

Dominic

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
UPDATE: Henry Ford III can NOT make the event due to a scheduling conflict unfortunately. We are working on an alternative, once confirmed I'll let people know.

Thanks for your support!

Lance

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
It's a secret... don't tell! :)

By the way, this will be a SLOW parade around the actual facility. We've never done this before and thought it would be a unique way for our attendees to enjoy seeing the cars in motion. Plus we thought the social media aspect would be really cool too! We're super excited about this year's event. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate asking.

DBK, what will you be driving?! :)

Lance
"Slow" and clutches aren't necessarily a good combination.