Ford GT Number 002 Up for Sale & 2.7 Mile Heritage

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
HF3's car is Heritage as far as I know. I'm supposed to see him Saturday and will make sure, but I'm pretty sure he and his dad were both getting Heritage cars right at the very end of production and they are both over at his dad's garage.

That's what I thought too. Who knows though.....?

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
:cheers I do

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This raises a question for me as my car was originally owned by Henry Ford (grandson of the original I guess?)

How do I determine the build number?

Ok, HF3's is Heritage. HF2 died in 1987, so it's definitely not his. Edsel's is Heritage and he still has it and Bill's is white.

So we have a mystery here. Where were you told your car was owned by one Henry Ford?

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
I think this HF dies not so long ago

Also confirmed by the registrar here

I'll try and find out more

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Sorry I stand corrected

This is the info I got from the fGT Registrar

Hello Lee -

Your car, 5-1985 was indeed owned by a member of the Ford family, Walter Buhl Ford III. He was a great grandson of Henry Ford (WBF III passed away in 2010). Here is the information I have on your car:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Mystery solved!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Bummer. I just saw this post. Prior to the info about Walter Buhl Ford III, this would have been the perfect Seinfeld interlude....

[video=youtube_share;fm2iNNqj2fQ]http://youtu.be/fm2iNNqj2fQ[/video]

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
The signs were amazing, there were sooo many, I'm sure a structural engineer would cringe at the weight.... Who knows if it was a dedicated post, can't remember, I just happened to have gone, as it was only an hour and a half or so from home (was in southern NH). Thought I was going to fill the shop wo signs, but I would have needed 100k to buy the ones I liked the most (or at least it sure felt that way)

Yes I agree with the cringe remark about the weight. I think my grand-dad would have been interested in some of those cars if he were still with us but to me no interest right now and I have a black one already. I did bid on many of those signs and was wondering what was going on with some of the prices. There were two must haves for me but heck some took off with little logic. Maybe because many were in great shape. I did get my fair share of the smalls but would have gotten more of the bigger ones...I just figured I didn't want to get in the way of someone that really wants a particular sign. I couldn't believe the route 66 sign lot!

Try this one if serious about signs. Two big ones I intend to purchase and who knows what else. I am unable to PM but if there is any of interest to you I will stand clear.

https://www.mecum.com/featured-lots.cfm?auctionid=WS0315&auction_type=roadart

BC

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wow, some good stuff in that auction!

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
#2 sold for $242K in 2012. No mention of why Mr. Dingman liquidated.

http://www.rmauctions.com/media/release.cfm?id=872

I met him in The Bahamas in 2011. He seemed well enough but said he was living there full time now. Didn't want to bring any of the collection out as it's a pointless place for nice cars. I'd imagine as he's giving a fair amount of his fortune away each year he's selling to be flat zero when he passes.

Nice guy and actually made the time to seek me and the GT out at the event.