Ford GT National Rally 8 *REGISTRATION* Who's IN?

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Frankie ships his too....

Ooo .. Good point!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Are you planning on having the washed when you first get there, middle of the stay, or towards the end. I'm having mine shipped so should be clean when it gets there. If washing them before we leave, I'd be interested in getting it cleaned before putting it back on the carrier before heading home.

Yeah, I know I'm a wimp 'cause I won't be driving it from WI and back. I actually have a good reason, but Dr. Frankie would just give me a bunch of crap, so I won't even try to justify my wimpyness!

I was thinking when I got there. I'm driving to the Rally, so by the time I get there, the front end will be plastered with bugs and general nastiness. It'll get dirty again over the course of the week, but I'll wash it myself when I get home. If we can get a detailer to come out, I'm sure he would be amenable to coming at the beginning and end as long as there is enough interest.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Hi guys,
Im a real novice with this as the only other rally I went to was SLK without my car and flew up. Can we get an itenirary of events, attire, drives/destinations,car wash etc.? Or am I just blind and missed teh thread? For those of us who may drive on the 2nd and arrive in the evening or departures group departure times planned??? Also, is it a good idea to bring spare parts like belts/clamps or hoses etc? I havent driven my GT much due to multiple back surgeries in 2012 and will get it serviced before. So as long as Im driving with Kendall and gang, I can feel safe. :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You don't need spare parts except make sure your tire filler is up to date. Dress is always casual/grunge/mechanic. Bring lots of money as the California guys are paying for everything else to host the Midwest contingent and show us a good time. BlackIce has volunteered and is taking us to some "Castro" district in SF. If your car gets dirty, well, it's dirty. Itinerary will be posted, just be there Tuesday night and plan to leave on Saturday.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Thank you. BTW, I hope you meant Gastro Pub. Because if you meant Castro Pub, I may pass as we have lots of those here in East LA!!! :)

Paul

GT Owner
Nov 7, 2006
Can you please post what is planned for each day of the rally?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Can you please post what is planned for each day of the rally?

http://www.fordgtforum.com/rally/?page_id=60

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Hi guys,
Im a real novice with this as the only other rally I went to was SLK without my car and flew up. Can we get an itenirary of events, attire, drives/destinations,car wash etc.? Or am I just blind and missed teh thread? For those of us who may drive on the 2nd and arrive in the evening or departures group departure times planned??? Also, is it a good idea to bring spare parts like belts/clamps or hoses etc? I havent driven my GT much due to multiple back surgeries in 2012 and will get it serviced before. So as long as Im driving with Kendall and gang, I can feel safe. :)

For attire.... mostly casual. Some will dress up for the dinners; I prefer more casual - bottom line: anything goes. Be comfortable, have fun, enjoy your vacation. Lady Moose.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
GT underware required.

Rally VIII Ed

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
GT underware required.

Rally VIII Ed

I normally have my bellypan....

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I normally have my bellypan....

Is it tucked into your belt?

Rally VIII Ed

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I'm counting down the days...this will be our first Rally event and I can't wait! I'm taking the car in next week to have the short throw and shifter boot installed, half shaft bolts replaced, battery tender kit and seat adjustment bar installed. I just don't have time this coming month to get it done myself.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I met up with FlorIdaho Chris and SteveA last week and we finalized the Friday Napa Valley Road Rally. This ought to be entertaining. I have to say, I was a skeptic at first but it should be really fun.

It's going to require some thinking, and is best accomplished with a partner. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll constantly be seeing GTs, you may end up divorced. :rofl

I also did some of the post-rally road routes. Some of the Sierra passes are absolutely phenomenal.

Napa Rally *Ard Memorial Loop*

9402163112_0e95772a80_b.jpg

9399399321_eb167e67bc_b.jpg

9399396453_a5f81faba2_b.jpg

PCH

9399396083_b8fef933b2_b.jpg

9402159892_681ac18329_b.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Post-Rally Sierras. Coolest part was coming out of the Sierras past the USMC mountain warfare training center. They had a number of choppers taking off right as I passed through. Could have mistaken it for Kandahar. I couldn't stop myself and did 626 miles that day, most of it on mountain passes. Drool.

9399396853_a27fd2872b_b.jpg

9399397077_9052cbb780_b.jpg

9399396673_2d7fd94fb8_b.jpg

9399397271_bcbb8448d9_b.jpg

9402160928_fd6d0b3b91_b.jpg

9399398043_45b063045c_b.jpg

9399398609_049981a993_b.jpg

9399397569_3e27355ecd_b.jpg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I recognize picture 2 above - Tioga Pass!!! - gateway into Yosemite from the east. I do it about 4-5 times a year - often in the GT, more often in my truck. Sphincter always tightens on that section of road!!

Sounds like you did Sonora Pass too!! That one's a killer for tight turns in the top sections.

My backyard!!! :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Hey! I want no part of that stupid loop, that was all you and Chris! LOL!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Dave, that base you drove by while on the Sonora Pass is the "Marine Mountain Warfare Training Center". It was opened right after The Korean War and the battle of the Choisn Reservoir. The Marines quickly learned after the harsh winters in Korea that they were ill equipped and trained to fight in high elevation, cold, frigid weather. I have stopped many time while driving that pass and chatted with those dedicated men and women.....and yes without exception they car and bike fans.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Choisn+Reservoir&qpvt=Choisn+Reservoir&FORM=IGRE

On a side note my little sister went right from the from the USN Academy to flight school to two flight tours on the USS Chosin just prior to 9/11. On one of those tours I was invited by the US Navy to do a ride along. I was given the opportunity to board in American Samoa and the Cruise back to Pearl. A fantastic ship staffed with men and women that are well aware of the sacrifices made at the battle their awesome ship was named for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Chosin_(CG-65)

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Dave,

Looks awesome, but what's with all the double lines? Did you Photoshop out the 25MPH camper in front?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Dave, that base you drove by while on the Sonora Pass is the "Marine Mountain Warfare Training Center". It was opened right after The Korean War and the battle of the Choisn Reservoir. The Marines quickly learned after the harsh winters in Korea that they were ill equipped and trained to fight in high elevation, cold, frigid weather. I have stopped many time while driving that pass and chatted with those dedicated men and women.....and yes without exception they car and bike fans.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Choisn+Reservoir&qpvt=Choisn+Reservoir&FORM=IGRE

On a side note my little sister went right from the from the USN Academy to flight school to two flight tours on the USS Chosin just prior to 9/11. On one of those tours I was invited by the US Navy to do a ride along. I was given the opportunity to board in American Samoa and the Cruise back to Pearl. A fantastic ship staffed with men and women that are well aware of the sacrifices made at the battle their awesome ship was named for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Chosin_(CG-65)

The "Marine Mountain Warfare Training Center" is affectionately known as "Pickle Meadows" Marine Base and the servicemen who are unskilled-in-skiing techniques are brought to Mammoth Mountain Ski Area and trained (with their own instructors) quite often. They are a great bunch of people, enthusiastic and learn quickly. I'm proud to have them protecting our country! Semper Fi!

The ski area imposes no charges for their use of the facilities.

:usa

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Alright, if you're bringing a truck and trailer, we have settled on a spot for storage. There's an RV storage facility with a 2 acre field just under 5 miles from the hotel. They'll let us store any trucks and trailers we want for 10 days. The owner said that it would be $100 per vehicle, but if I paid him up front from 1 guy, he'd do $500 for however many we wanted. :lol So for whoever needs truck/trailer/rig storage, we've got a spot that was much closer than anticipated, and he said you can access anytime you want. I'm going to just pay him the $500 and however many trailers need a spot, we'll split it up. I think about a dozen people had indicated they would need a spot on their registration.