Ford GT Mk. II revealed at Goodwood Festival of Speed

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Gorgeous!
Should have snuck this in as one of the cars at Le Mans, that would have been interesting. :cool:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I bet those front fenders vents would fit on a street car. (y)

Reactions: KennethClay

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Better than fireworks for the 4th. Happy Holiday

Reactions: GEE-TEE

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Seems to be some discrepancy about whether the 45 units is included in the 1350 or incremental.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
What can you do with it if it’s not able to be certified for Homologation for racing? If not what’s the use? Set in a museum and say “ain’t it pretty”!
Hyper Car ? 🤔

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Finally, an unfettered car. It will be interesting to see what it can do!

Looks Gorgeous!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Seems to be some discrepancy about whether the 45 units is included in the 1350 or incremental.

I think its incremental and Larry Holt picks the customers that will use it for it's intended use. I believe they will be sold through Multimatic.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

FWIW, I am selling my road car.

For msrp? Interested 😁

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
FWIW, I am selling my road car.

Wait, I missed this. Really?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Shit.......I want one. Here we go.

Chip

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
No kidding Chip. The hook has been set. Seriously thinking of selling my Miura if this became a reality. I’ve had over 5 years of fun with it. Attended Pebble Beach Car Week, won numerous car shows, etc. The allure of this is that strong.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Someone told me they contacted MM about the car and they have already received a response. I don’t know what the response said.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Someone told me they contacted MM about the car and they have already received a response. I don’t know what the response said.

I emailed MM today and already got a response (remember, no holiday for the Canadians today 🙂) that my email and interest would be conveyed to the powers that be at Ford/MM.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wait, I missed this. Really?

Yes. New toy to buy.

treynor

GT Owner
Dec 1, 2011
I've been waiting for this news to break for months! What a great Independence Day gift :)

And to those asking - these derestricted GT series cars are enormously fun to drive. They have enough power to make passing easy, and to require real throttle control, but they also have all the race car bits required to make them reliable and safe. There are plenty of "run what you brung" series to drive in if you want wheel-to-wheel or time trial racing, but there are also open track days where you can go mix it up with Ferrari Challenge cars, or LMP cars if that's more your speed. And because it's not wheel-to-wheel racing, no one is running into you, blocking, or pushing you off the track for position. If you have the bug and the opportunity, I highly recommend giving it a try!

Cheers,
Ben (derestricted Mustang GT4, derestricted Ferrari 488GT3, and shortly, derestricted Ford GT mk II)

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Yes. New toy to buy.
Yup, IMHO at least 50% of these should go to forum members 😊

Reactions: maxemus

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I've been waiting for this news to break for months! What a great Independence Day gift :)

And to those asking - these derestricted GT series cars are enormously fun to drive. They have enough power to make passing easy, and to require real throttle control, but they also have all the race car bits required to make them reliable and safe. There are plenty of "run what you brung" series to drive in if you want wheel-to-wheel or time trial racing, but there are also open track days where you can go mix it up with Ferrari Challenge cars, or LMP cars if that's more your speed. And because it's not wheel-to-wheel racing, no one is running into you, blocking, or pushing you off the track for position. If you have the bug and the opportunity, I highly recommend giving it a try!

Cheers,
Ben (derestricted Mustang GT4, derestricted Ferrari 488GT3, and shortly, derestricted Ford GT mk II)

Hey- welcome, Ben! Good to see you on the GT forum.

Reactions: treynor

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
It will be interesting to see if these are part of the 1350 previously slated GTs, or in addition to. Obviously Multimatic has been planning this for a while, so perhaps Ford only approved 555 (not 600) GT applicants this last time? And will have a separate selection/purchase process for these MK IIs? I’m guessing no- that these will be in addition to the 1350. But will previous NFGT owners be eligible? Be given higher priority? Can DBK or anybody else clear this up? Regardless, it is all very exciting. Kudos to Multimatic and Ford, once again.

Edit: the FAQ link from MultiMatic that Simon posted answers most of this.

Last edited:

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
How much does it weigh?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Very cool. Congratulations Dave. What an awesome ride.