Ford GT Mk. II revealed at Goodwood Festival of Speed

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
What a spectacular way to finalize this generation of GT. Congrats to FMC and MM. You have built a car that goes to the very limit and then moved the bar just for the heck of it. True racers.

Vince H

Reactions: Stef and Special K

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This article explains more:

Reactions: Ed Sims and Cobrar

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Absolutely!

Colors are bespoke - each one's going to be painted individually, so anything a paint shop can do is fair game. Given the nature of the car I have a tribute livery in mind, and we're just seeking Ford's permission to use it. I really like the Multimatic logo on the show car, and I'll find a way to incorporate it on the car.

Options are just a few: passenger seat, air jacks, a driver cooling system (cool suit + fresh air is my usual go-to).

Finally, the ordering process started a year ago when Multimatic contacted me to gauge my interest in a derestricted GTLM version of the Ford GT. I believe my exact words were "oh HELL yes" :) I was asked (and did) to stay mum on the topic for a full year until the unveil at Goodwood. Then it was the usual for a low-volume project: paperwork, deposit, build schedule, a couple decision milestones, and a delivery estimate.

Amazing to think in just a few more months this beast will be tearing around the local tracks.
Thank you. I’m looking forward to your impressions of it.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Good context relative to the road car in that article.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I have never seen race seats this close together. The driver is positioned close to the center of the car.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wonder if they are available through the retail channels (vs through Ford)

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Cant wait to see it go up the hill.

A few more details here

“The front fender splitter and the underwing are almost exactly the same as the racing car,” he said.

“Two years into the program we had an evo project where we could develop the car to the next level. We worked on it, we got a package that would give us better performance, but in the end, we didn’t do it because the BoP would have taken away the advantage.

“So we developed a next-gen underwing, and this car has that next-generation.”

Last edited:

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
FWIW, there's a lot of inexplicably bad info floating around in the press pieces. As an example, no, the car does not have a new 8-speed gearbox, and also, no, it does not magically have 20" carbon ceramic rotors and 19" Michelins. This is not the golden era of automotive reporting.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Looks amazing! And you wonder whoever buys it will use it for its indended purpose. 😉

Reactions: Stef

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
That is so COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Where do we sign up for one? 😂 Maybe Larry H. would take a Miura in on trade....

Edit: oops, I see the link at the bottom of DBK's post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
This is a photo of the disguised test car.
Testing was done in plain sight and no one knew. Clever.0ABE56FE-BADE-4AD0-B4E6-F212C4EA6EFC.jpeg

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
This is a photo of the disguised test car.
Testing was done in plain sight and no one knew. Clever.View attachment 56354
That’s awesome!

treynor

GT Owner
Dec 1, 2011
Step up boys. Wonder how many if any of these touches will be offered in the remaining production cars.
I'm getting chassis #2 🥳 ETA December 2019 - fingers crossed that it arrives in time for the Buttonwillow Time Trials!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Like this?

"At 150 mph, Holt says the car generates 1,800 to 1,900 pounds of downforce, which is more than the car weighs."🤣

FWIW, there's a lot of inexplicably bad info floating around in the press pieces. As an example, no, the car does not have a new 8-speed gearbox, and also, no, it does not magically have 20" carbon ceramic rotors and 19" Michelins. This is not the golden era of automotive reporting.

Nice addition to the “GT” legacy. That first picture posted by DBK looks just awesome. Hope we see some of these kicking ass at race events, etc....

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Holy crap! What a sensational machine. Way to go Ford and Multimatic. Way to stick it to the man with all the rules and regs! A perfect 4th of July gift to the world!

Reactions: Stef and Blue Moose

Simon

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Upside to buying this car is that it can't be registered...hence no sales tax which is 6.25% here in Texas.
WINNING!

Reactions: Cobrar

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Love the livery. Love the car. If I owned one I still stick a license plate on it and drive it around town and take the ticket when I was pulled over.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
This car is definitely worthy of the Ford Performance fire suit and helmet I already own! Pure uncorked, track machine. Happy 4th, everyone!

Reactions: Stef and 07XL0027