Ford GT gone and new Z06 at home. Thanks Shelby!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
With a bit of a heavy heart, I decided to let my FGT go and move on.

Sold the GT to Shelby (Elite Autos) and also bought a Z06 from him. The whole sequence went very smoothly. New Z06 is perfect and quite a car. Thanks Shelby once again for a great transaction. 3 cars now....

Thanks to everyone here for all thier help over the years. Its been fun.

I will be posting a list of items left over from the GT for sale to move quickly. Likely will post this weekend when I have time to gather them together.

James

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Thanks for the help you gave me with the wiper install. Sorry to hear you sold the GT but I'm sure the Z06 will be a great car. Looking forward to your sale items.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Was that the Orange Z06? If so nice interior color combo.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
No, I bought the blue one. The orange with tan interior was nice but it was not me.

June 23 2015 Date of Delivery.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
John,
I am saddened to hear you sold your GT.You have been a very clever owner! I truly appriciate generosity and kindness! You have had some very clever ideas on making our cars a bit better!(The wipers ,the shift and brake boots,the rear camera.)Thank you for sharing them!I will enjoy them for many years to come! You are a legend in my book!
I only regret not being able to meet you in person at Rally 10 to shake your hand and buy you a drink or several!
Im sure you will enjoy the new Zo6 as they are a wonderful car.
My very best regards,Ron
A.K.A. Roketman

Last edited:

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
John

I had the chance to briefly meet you at Shelby's when you picked up your car. I have very much enjoyed your posts and all the cool engineering you have brought to the forum. Thanks!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
the Z06 is a whole lotta car for the money. I was backed up to one at a cruise the other night and comparing the GT to the Vette. pretty impressive piece. heard of a few electrical glitches with the Corvettes but show me a supercar that doesn't have that including the GT (gauges). nice color choice!

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
JC,

Sorry to hear that you no longer have a FGT but things change and life moves on. You will be very happy with the new Z06, as a corvette collector friend of mine has many including the ZR1, and regarding the 2015 he said you really don't realize how fast it is as they "hook up so well" as opposed to past versions. Happy motoring and stay active on the forum.

Rick

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Sorry to see you go. Great contributor to the forum with fantastic understanding of the mechanics of automobiles.

Thanks for the wipers, I love them.

Enjoy your new car, it is sweet.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Love to hear your driving experience with the new car. I saw a gray at a local dealer, and I'm not a Vette or gray fan, but this car just was beautiful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Sad to see a long time owner go. Hope you'll still make it to the local Houston gathering next month!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
That new Z is a beast and a real beauty!! I want one sometime in the near future...congrats on your new acquisition!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Congrats!! I just picked one up a few days ago myself. I bet it was hard to let go of the GT.

Black Z06.jpg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm sorry to hear the sad news of selling your GT jcthorne. You'll regret it someday if not already, but we have to do things sometimes that we have no control over. The change from Owner to Spectator on the forum won't mean a lot to us as we would like to keep in touch.

Ed