Ford GT crashes on Gumball 3000

tribeca

Oct 9, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqGzdExqkXo

The drivers were fine. Unfortunately in a separate accident an innocent driver was killed by a Gumballer in Macedonia who hit him head on at speeds north of 100 mph. The rest of the rally has been called off. Tragic but bound to happen sooner or later.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
That should buff right out ... shame though.

M

Mark O

That should buff right out ... shame though.

That's a bit of an underestimate. I'm sure that it's a job for paintless dent removal.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I have to say, the first 15 of these had a sort of twisted fascination, but I'm seriously getting bothered by this now. And I don't care about the whole "every wrecked one makes mine more valuable" thing. People need to stop destroying these beautiful machines! The cars are too cool to be repeatedly wadded up by boneheads (but not "bonys" -- he's fine).

How do we start a "Save the GT!" fund? We can force every current or potential owner to take a driving test. If they fail -- GT driving privileges are revoked! :biggrin

Last edited:

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
We'll see this on E-Bay ! :lol :lol :lol
Because:

"Repairs are relatively simple for real bodyshop. Also search car-part.com for good used parts at half of these prices. Under $5000 you have what you need and weekends worth of work ."
"This car is for people that know what they are doing."
:lol :lol

FordGT75

GT Owner
Sep 2, 2006
Great Falls, VA
Just wrap it in some duct tape, because we all know that duct tape fixes everything

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
kicking it and standing on it just seemed wrong... kind of like those people who rape corpses....

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Driving a Ford GT/Enzo/Veyron on the Gumball is a bit of a....fantasy of mine (actually the one, single thing that I would do over anything else in the world), so this....makes me cry.

Last edited:

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Ok, who on here was in the Gumball? There's like 3 GT's in the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgdNr_M_tg0&NR=1

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
no surprise at all

No surprise at all. That idiot standing on the front tells the whole story. Stupid is as stupid does or however that goes.:confused :thumbsdow

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
It should be a felony and 10 year jail sentence for any pinhead who crashes one of these finely crafted FORD GTs! :thumbsdow

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
It should be a felony and 10 year jail sentence for any pinhead who crashes one of these finely crafted FORD GTs! :thumbsdow

That would be over 10% of GT owners.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Well, I guess that will eventually increase the value of an undamaged car??? :lol

Musclecar67

Oct 29, 2006
Great Another Gt gone... how am I going to find a Gt one day when I am ready to buy if people keep smashing them up :( Im 21 things are not looking good lol

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I don't think expensive or rare cars should sit in a showroom all their lives but I think you should take care in driving them even when your pushing them to their limits.