Ford GT Billet parts now available again. End of the year special on Top & side vents

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Ford GT Billet parts now available again. End of the year special on Top & side vents

Three years ago I posted my machinist was going out of business and taking a job with a military contractor. After popular demand I’ve been able to convince him to make top and side vents again in his spare time so we now have plenty in stock. During the remainder of the year all items are $75 off with free shipping within the USA to all forum members. PM me for order details.

www.fordgtbilletparts.com

bf2b5fbde7c9c7c6dbde8d78d091afae.jpg
e9e2176af0c9eec854563f9e5b0d46e8.jpg

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
These are must haves, IMHO, for anyone who drives their cars. I had them powder coated black and they look NOS, but don't warp and crack like the NOS ones.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
These are must haves, IMHO, for anyone who drives their cars. I had them powder coated black and they look NOS, but don't warp and crack like the NOS ones.

+1 on this comment. After going through 2 sets of the original plastic items that both warped from engine heat I bought these and had them powder-coated in the stock colors (flat black side vents and gloss black top vents on my car) and there is no way to tell they aren't originals. This is a permanent solution to a problem all '05-'06 GT's will have if they are driven. All the best.

Chip

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I was actually thinking about these as I was detailing the GT after what was probably the last drive of the season Saturday.
I put John's vents on almost 9 years ago and they still look great. Powder coated to match as others have mentioned.
I was able to have my originals replaced under warranty and then drove home to remove them immediately and packed them away.
If yours aren't warping yet by some miracle, I would still recommend replacing them and doing the same.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I was actually thinking about these as I was detailing the GT after what was probably the last drive of the season Saturday.
I put John's vents on almost 9 years ago and they still look great. Powder coated to match as others have mentioned.
I was able to have my originals replaced under warranty and then drove home to remove them immediately and packed them away.
If yours aren't warping yet by some miracle, I would still recommend replacing them and doing the same.

Agree on all points. And even if the stock haven’t warped, the plastic screw attachment will break free.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Order placed! Regarding painting (or powder coating) the top vents white, does anybody have the paint code or color name handy?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Good stuff !
Get em while you can!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I strongly recommend these as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Only account for a miracle, would be a car that isn't driven.

Great job John!

If yours aren't warping yet by some miracle

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I'm another satisfied customer

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Also a satisfied customer here.
Put the OEM's on a shelf, these are the best!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Order placed! Regarding painting (or powder coating) the top vents white, does anybody have the paint code or color name handy?

Agree with everyone that these are great. I finally got my set on after re-doing my PPF. Plastic ones were starting to warp and as Marc said, a few of the screw attachments cracked.

Clint, I had John send mine directly to Rich Brooks to smooth down any rough machined edges and paint them. Came out perfect!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
rear window side vents

Any plans on making these rear window side vents in billet AL as well, just like the other vents it's a question of when they'll warp not if:

rear window side vents.jpg

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Any plans on making these rear window side vents in billet AL as well, just like the other vents it's a question of when they'll warp not if:

View attachment 53433

Those are a long way from being cooked by the muffler. Never heard of any warping so I think we're safe on those..

Reactions: 93extxdps

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Agree with everyone that these are great. I finally got my set on after re-doing my PPF. Plastic ones were starting to warp and as Marc said, a few of the screw attachments cracked.

Clint, I had John send mine directly to Rich Brooks to smooth down any rough machined edges and paint them. Came out perfect!

Thanks for the suggestion Ed. That sounds like the smart, safe way to go. Not my usual style at all. :biggrin

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I'm ordering both this morning.

Any option to have top vents painted?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Love mine.
Order while you can!
Mark

Those are a long way from being cooked by the muffler. Never heard of any warping so I think we're safe on those..

Mine are warped, both sides, and have been for a while.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm ordering both this morning.

Any option to have top vents painted?

Hey Jim you will need to get someone local to paint them or contact GT Guys. Shipped them today and also issued you a credit from your overpayment.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal

Oh they're cooked alright, here's mine:

side vent passenger.jpg