Ford GT based Shelby 427 Uni-Chassis

ctheodo1

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2008
Birmingham, Mi
Lift

I honestly don,t know if reversing the radiator will help. We plan on making it more vertical, but more importantly, extending the front pan forward to form a splitter.
Chris,

Small thing. Can the radiator be angled backwards instead of forwards? Owning a Cobra and running it in next weeks Big Bend Open Road Race, I feel that the air that flows thru the front opening would try to lift the car at REALLY High Speeds as it hits the rad..

Larry Boatner

ctheodo1

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2008
Birmingham, Mi
Retirement?

Car guys never retire, we just work on what we love without a paycheck! Keep in touch
Looks FANTASTIC Chris.

I can see so many GT parts. Smart move, why redesign the wheel.

If you need some help on this thing, you have my number. I'm starting to get bored with this retirement.

Rich

ctheodo1

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2008
Birmingham, Mi
Yes, you can use this concept FWD AWD and PHEV and BEV (use structural battery pack for the backbone), but front engine, rear transaxle is probably the most efficient.
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=6WKsAAAAEBAJ

Very cool.

Chris so would this application not be right for say a front wheel drive, front engine car, or could you just have the backbone empty?

ctheodo1

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2008
Birmingham, Mi
If you what to learn a little more about the Uni-Chassis project, there is a video of the unveiling at the SAE World Congress. Go to YouTube and search for Uni-Chassis

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Cool looking project!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!! :cheers

The ultimate Cobra!!

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
Very neat concept and practical. Insurance would have to be reduced as well.