Ford GT at Mecum Auction

Tomcat

GT Owner
I am with State Farm. I pay a Fair price and they base the replacement value (should something bad happen) on what the NADA values are at the time. Currently the NADA Values for our GT's is $224,000 which is the "average vehicle"

andy
I'm with USAA and had a major claim with my NSX. It was resolved "reasonably" so I decided to stick with normal insurance.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Holy crap insurance is expensive in the US! My white one (agreed value - 290k) costs me 2K/ annually. My yellow one (not a driver and not registered) costs $800.00 with an agreed value of 340k

GT insurance

Holy crap insurance is expensive in the US! My white one (agreed value - 290k) costs me 2K/ annually. My yellow one (not a driver and not registered) costs $800.00 with an agreed value of 340k

I don't think insurance in the USA has to be expensive; I am covered by Infinity through Midwest Classic Insurance. Annual cost for my (21,000 mile) GT is $1438, agreed value 215,250, no more than 6000 miles/year. The agreed value automatically increases by about 6%/year. When I put my Lotus Elise on my policy it became a "collection" and the rate actually went down! However, the rates are also determined by the amount of the deductible, whether glass coverage is included, etc. Therefore, it pays to compare apples to apples ...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
After last September's "incident," I'm quite happy to stay with AAA, as my rate stayed exactly the same this year....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...Another friend ordered a Heritage and couldn't work out financing. That car sat for a year because folks found it ugly.

Go figure.

It could be argued that they are...compared to a blue/white...but, 'what the hey'. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? :wink

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I am with State Farm. I pay a Fair price and they base the replacement value (should something bad happen) on what the NADA values are at the time. Currently the NADA Values for our GT's is $224,000 which is the "average vehicle"

andy

I have the same insurance with SF for $800 per year. I take my car every year to the agent and have him take pics and record miles. He also said NADA guide is used for starting values. It may be a fight if a claim every comes up but with NADA guide going up recent auction results, and Haggerty evaluation tool I think I would be fine. Hope to never test the theory!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Febury 06 Buerge Ford. West LA had a white/blue one on the floor for months. I went in and offered sticker. Was told the buyer has promised to sign deal in one week. "If he does not show, you can have it for sticker". Came back in a week, the buyer came through. I asked if they were getting another one? The indicated yes, I said I will give you sticker price for it now,. Salesman came back and said, "Owner agreed to the offer". I signed papers, 3 weeks later my tungsten was in the showroom. Took wife and kids down. They had 4 offers that day above sticker, but I had signed papers and paid sticker. $182K out the door.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington

Loudspeaker

GT Owner
Aug 20, 2014
Hi, I purchased the 8 mile red/white stripes GT at Russo and Steele, 270+10%. Saw the one at Bonham's, fell in love. Bid on that one but didn't get it. I haven't followed these closely, have friends that own them, but obviously the prices are soaring, much to my chagrin, but hopefully my benefit now. I'm not quite sure what to do now. The guy at Russo and Steele seemed incredulous that I plan to drive it. Don't plan to drive it much, but thought a little. We also have a Ferrari 599. Scary fast. I suppose that the GT, with no traction aids is even scarier. Any suggestions regarding the car? I have the plastic film protection on the Ferrari; should I get the same on the GT? I think that from an industrial design standpoint (I design loudspeakers), it is just amazing, as is the 599. The GT, however, is gorgeous but mean, the Ferrari is gorgeous but elegant. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Sandy

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
see my comments to your other post.

andy (ajb)

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Loudspeaker -

I'd suggest that you go ahead and drive it as you had planned to, unless you plan to save the joy for the next owner.

It'd be like dreaming about the finest speakers, designing them, building them, and then never turning them on.

Sure, they'd look nice, but they'd also be meant for enjoyment. Such is the GT.

Congrats and Enjoy!

Last edited:

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
If things keep up we all should own $ 500,000.00 cars really soon

Cheers!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Drive it!
You will enjoy.
Best,
Mark

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Just turned on NBCS, Dallas, 42 mile White/Blue just sold for $280,000. Three others available this weekend. $280 large seems low for current market w 42 miles, no? Wrong color?

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Add the buyers fee and you are over $300k.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
I just noticed that there will be three GTs at the Mecum Chicago auction including the red 379mile car with no top stripe that sold in Dallas. That car was also sold at the Indy sale in May. Looks like a nice car.