Ford GT 10th Anniversary Celebration at RIC Building at Ford Campus Yesterday

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I see, how much loss are you talking about ? Which HP are you heading for ? Curious to see where this is going, looks really clean and great.

Last edited:

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
Budget is certainly an issue. The attractiveness of the 5.0L 4V Coyote is that it is light, it's a "crate motor" and is very affordable should "bad things happen". It also is fairly unlimited in what you can do with it. Add turbos or add a supercharger kit and it's over 650 HP although that is not in my plans. I was trying to just build an affordable/fun track car knowing I can always upgrade later. Reliability is top concern and keeping the weight down is very important.

Sort of think of the project as backdating to a GT40....... Yes, I would love to do a stack injection, MoTec system, etc but these are quite costly and could add another $8K to 9K to the project bill. Would like to get it running as it is now once I sort out the Throttle Body angle (as you can see I need to move it up), wiring, fuel system, etc.

BTW, this is not much different than what the Robinsons ran in their Ford GT LeMans car other than theirs is the previous generation 5.0L "Cammer" engine (very similar to the Coyote) , normally aspirated, ENCO trans, etc. Same RoushYates dry sump architecture.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I hope you will keep us posted. This is a great project!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Budget is certainly an issue. The attractiveness of the 5.0L 4V Coyote is that it is light, it's a "crate motor" and is very affordable should "bad things happen". It also is fairly unlimited in what you can do with it. Add turbos or add a supercharger kit and it's over 650 HP although that is not in my plans. I was trying to just build an affordable/fun track car knowing I can always upgrade later. Reliability is top concern and keeping the weight down is very important.

Sort of think of the project as backdating to a GT40....... Yes, I would love to do a stack injection, MoTec system, etc but these are quite costly and could add another $8K to 9K to the project bill. Would like to get it running as it is now once I sort out the Throttle Body angle (as you can see I need to move it up), wiring, fuel system, etc.

BTW, this is not much different than what the Robinsons ran in their Ford GT LeMans car other than theirs is the previous generation 5.0L "Cammer" engine (very similar to the Coyote) , normally aspirated, ENCO trans, etc. Same RoushYates dry sump architecture.

The stack injection looks awesome, but can be complicated to tune and is certainly costly. If you are looking for something additional on the intake side, and if you are patient, Ford (Racing) may be offering an improved intake manifold that, along with a larger MAF, that should get you all you need in NA trim.

Nice project, a bunch of here are big fans of this powertrain in the GT!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ford (Racing) may be offering an improved intake manifold that, along with a larger MAF, that should get you all you need in NA.

Speaking of which, do you know what the delay is with the Cobra Jet manifold? I had hoped by now FRPP would offer it with a tune and CAI, but it seems the manifold is on hold. My son and I are anxious to install it in his '13 GT.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Eight stack fuel injection is also available for the Coyote 5.0.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0OrKoQ6aCns&desktop_uri=/watch?v=0OrKoQ6aCns

That would look so frickin cool!!!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Speaking of which, do you know what the delay is with the Cobra Jet manifold? I had hoped by now FRPP would offer it with a tune and CAI, but it seems the manifold is on hold. My son and I are anxious to install it in his '13 GT.

Speaking out of class at the moment, but I think Job 1 for 2014 CJ is coming up soon. I would assume components would follow on release.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I think your Grabber Blue Ford GT paint job / scheme looks fantastic! Good idea to create the matte black accents too, for depth.