Ford executives custom GTs?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
wasnt there the "Harley" FGT? 2005 serial #17, Silver with Black stripes with orange pin stripe applied at Saleen?

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...and-Harley-Davidson?highlight=harley+Davidson

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Margaret and I were at the Cattle Baron's Ball that evening. I was the Ford Purchasing Executive Champion of the event assisting Greg Smith who was the
NA FORD VP at the time....
Margaret was to 'bid' on the vehicle but it QUICKLY ran up in $$ Bids way over our 'pay-grade'.
She was sad. :(:(

andy (ajb)

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
That's the Harley car. Willie G Davidson of H-D fame . He was just referred to as Willie G.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
So, there are actually THREE "one of one" factory prepared Gt's.....the Neil Ressler car, Willie G. Davidson car AND the Sonic Blue car?

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Reading the old post... it looks like there may have been a special-build... 'Krispy-Kreme 'Ford GT too. !! does that make four (4)
andy (ajb)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ed,

Here are two pictures of the Gurney bubble display door I took at Saleen in Troy. I tried to buy the entire display when I was there without success. I then asked about building a duplicate display. My enthusiasm waned as the price climbed well into the 5 figures with all the parts. The display door was on Ebay a short while ago, sans mirror and some door panel parts.

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Andy,
I don't recall anything special with the Krispy Kream car. Dave Baer and I were the build team that put it together. What WAS special was that every day for 2 weeks, a truck pulled into the shop and delivered 10 dozen K K donuts to us. Pig Out Time. I have not even looked at K K donuts since then.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Thanks for clarifying Rich. Yum
Merry Christmas to you and Evelyn and Peanut and Henry !!

andy

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And Ralphie posted that while cool, the door wouldn't fit on a car for some reason, if I recall correctly.

The display door was on Ebay a short while ago, sans mirror and some door panel parts.

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
The Sonic Blue car was sold at the Cattleman's Ball, I do not know for how much, but I'm told it was sold to a dealer out of Georgia. I can't recall his name, but I'll find out. It'd be interesting to see what it sold for. Camilo and Ford signed it on the passenger side bar that runs over top of the engine underneath the clam shall. The color was very popular on the Mustang the past few years, you'll see lots of Cobras with it, as well as others such as the Lightning, which is why I'm sure it wasn't a staple of the Ford GT color selection.

O C Welch Ford

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
yep, the display door was on ebay and here in Michigan. I started to buy it until someone told me the door had been messed up prior to the display and could never be used on a car. I think it sold in the $8-9K range. nice piece but a little pricey for just a display unit.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
So, there are actually THREE "one of one" factory prepared Gt's.....the Neil Ressler car, Willie G. Davidson car AND the Sonic Blue car?

There was also the 2005 painted "Gulf Blue" with orange stripe (vin# 0036). I do not know if the Gulf Blue is the same as the 2006 Heritage blue but would guess so....

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Since I can not edit posts I've made I have to append this additional post to the thread:
There were also several "one-of-one" when you include the "radio delete" option into the mix.