Jan 10, 2008

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Foose should have used the GTguy's rear 1 piece screen for the bumper delete. :lol

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Foose should have used the GTguy's rear 1 piece screen for the bumper delete. :lol

Yep. Interesting though, that he displayed his good design sense by leaving well enough alone. This is just a very modest personalization. Magnaflow must have given him the exhaust in exchange for press.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hard to improve upon near perfection!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Very tasteful and unique :thumbsup

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Uh.... That's pressworthy? Some pinstripes and paint inside wheels? I was expecting something really great like a Foose version of GTX after seeing his show. Maybe the car is just too nice and too much dough to mess with.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Not a fan of the wheels...but that's just my opinion.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Looks ok to me... Could have at least centered the exhaust better. Unless it is the stripes that are misaligned. Hard to tell from the photos.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mangaflow is a sponsor of overhauling, foose's show, so they probably have a lot going on in both directions

Magnaflow must have given him the exhaust in exchange for press.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I happened to meet Chip Foose and his GT at the Irvine, CA Cars & Coffee this summer before any mods. He had stated he wanted to do bumper delete, exhaust and true center spin off wheels. Looks like he stopped short on the spin off wheels which I think was a smart move. Was a very approachable guy who took the time to talk with me about his GT.

Attachments

• DSC02214.jpg
    DSC02214.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC02215.jpg
    DSC02215.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 271

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Not loving the wheels or nearly zero profile tires.

Did they show under the bonnet pics of the exhaust?

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Not a fan of the wheels...but that's just my opinion.
the wheels look to be 20" +. I personally think they are out of proportion to the car but then again I don't have my own TV show either. JMO

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
the wheels look to be 20" +. I personally think they are out of proportion to the car but then again I don't have my own TV show either. JMO

Agree with the wheels being out of proportion, not a fan.
That's ok, I don't have a tv show either....

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I had to laugh when I read some of the comments below and someone asked if they actually put air in the tires. :lol

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Gee, big ol wheels on it. Go find a previous thread where I predicted it would have a set of big ol wheels on it. Lol

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Mullet I remember exactly you saying that!! I got a chuckle out of it then, and I remembered that statement when I saw the "completed car".

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Gee, big ol wheels on it. Go find a previous thread where I predicted it would have a set of big ol wheels on it. Lol
Lol.
I remember as well.
Still, could have been worse based on what we have seen today!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
His M.O. is definitely huge diameter wheels........and a 2 tone paint scheme. Thankfully he held off on the 2 tone paint.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Needs bigger wheels!!!!!!!!!!

I think the car looks nice. I don't particularly care for the wheel pattern or design but it is individualized the way he wants it and if he is happy with it then that's all that matters IMO.

ben "compensating for something with bigger wheels" beckert