Foose designing custom GT

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
..for Seattle Mariners pitcher Carlos Silva: http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20090711/BLOG05/907119976

Looks like we'll have to wait a couple years to see it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"He plans to have the car completed in time for the annual SEMA automotive show in November, 2011, in Las Vegas, where it will be a centerpiece of the Ford Motor Company exhibit."

'DAY-JAW-VOO' all over again! :banana

Remember the FGT sittin' in the Ford display just a few years back?!!!:banana:banana:banana

It'd sure be great if this Foose car inspires some kind of a 'rebirth'...! :willy

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Some day the entirety of the Chip Foose and Ford GT story will be told, but let me tell you this: a sketch that Chip did long before the car was out looks a whole lot more like the GT in our garage than the original petunia models. Hmm....

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
Some day the entirety of the Chip Foose and Ford GT story will be told, but let me tell you this: a sketch that Chip did long before the car was out looks a whole lot more like the GT in our garage than the original petunia models. Hmm....
A story I've heard stretches back to a laid-off designer working on "a modern day Pantera" back in the mid 1990's. Instead what came out was the GT90 concept.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It'll be interesting to see what he comes up with, as his prime directive regarding his design changes on any given car is to simply "remove all the ugly" from it's origional design. If he sticks to that principle he's gunna have a rough row to hoe where the GT is concerned! THERE AIN'T NO UGLY THERE TO REMOVE!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It'll be interesting to see what he comes up with, as his prime directive regarding his design changes on any given car is to simply "remove all the ugly" from it's origional design. If he sticks to that principle he's gunna have a rough row to hoe where the GT is concerned! THERE AIN'T NO UGLY THERE TO REMOVE!

Maybe not on the exterior, but in the interior, the sub-WART without doubt!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Maybe not on the exterior, but in the interior, the sub-WART without doubt!

That's already been solved right here on The 'Forum! :wink

Your bringing that up reminds me of the 1st time I saw a FGT in person. My remark to the salesman upon looking at the interior was (pointing to the woofer), "Why the devil did you have THAT ugly thing installed?" I really thought the dealer had had some local 'sound' outfit put that eyesore in there as part of an after market 'system'! 'Couldn't believe that thing was "factory"! :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That's already been solved right here on The 'Forum! :wink

Your bringing that up reminds me of the 1st time I saw a FGT in person. My remark to the salesman upon looking at the interior was (pointing to the woofer), "Why the devil did you have THAT ugly thing installed?" I really thought the dealer had had some local 'sound' outfit put that eyesore in there as part of an after market 'system'! 'Couldn't believe that thing was "factory"! :lol

Yep, I searched for a long time to get one without the "upgraded mac stereo" to no avail. The sub delete was the 1st mod I made! I have recently reinstalled it using the Shadowman's/Ash sub-enclosure.