Flying Car

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Hope this isn't a repost. Wow is this thing cool.

http://pal-v.com/

Larry

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The vid doesn't say, so I'm wondering if it has air bags, side impact reinforcements, crumple zones, etc? IOW, could it legally be driven on U.S. roads?

The closest they come to answering that is the following in the FAQ section of their home page: "The PAL-V ONE is designed within current certification and regulations frameworks for the vast majority of countries in the world. No rules or regulations need to be changed to be allowed to use the vehicle." Well, okay, fine. But are they referring to flight rules/regs, or do they mean the whole 9 yards?

'Doesn't seem possible the feds would allow one of these on the road in the U.S.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
'Doesn't seem possible the feds would allow one of these on the road in the U.S.

As a tricycle it does not need to meet car standards - just those of a motorcycle.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Good point! 'Should have counted its wheels! (The article called it a "car".)

I counted the wheels on this one. It has four. Therefore it is a car...I guess.

'So, same question:

http://www.terrafugia.com/

Last edited:

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Wow, is that thing gonna kill a lot of people......both driving and even more flying......

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Talked with Mark at Falcon Insurance. He said No way anyone will be able to get it insured. As he said "Looks like a lot of uninsureable fun" haha

Larry

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Cool. Mount a M134 Minigun and I'm all set for my commute.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Talked with Mark at Falcon Insurance. He said No way anyone will be able to get it insured. As he said "Looks like a lot of uninsureable fun" haha

Larry

When driving on the track 99.9% are uninsured as well.

It seem that you can't buy insurance for the fun things in life. :lol

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Yes please.