Florida GTs: GP St. Pete, Heffner Dyno Day, April 4-6, 2008, *pics post 240*

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
STORMCAT,

Yes, I get that question everytime I make hotel reservations, mailing addresses, etc. Niceville and Destin used to be quiet little fishing villages when I first moved here in the 70's, but now our traffic is as congested as any big city. During the May-Nov tourist season in Destin, you move about 5 feet stop, 5 feet stop, etc. for about 5 miles or more. It takes 3 hours to travel what you could normally travel in 20 minutes with reasonable traffic -- no exaggeration. It's very irritating during the tourist season. Even though we don't have the population of a large city, we only have one east-west road with no alternate routes. So, all traffic has to use this one two-lane road and if there is an accident, traffic stops for hours in both lanes. Most folks just shut their engines off and wait.

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
Any chance to squeeze in on the oil change schedule? Is anyone really going to work over the weekend?

I'd like to drive up on Sat morn. Let me know where to sign up.

Bruce

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
OK, well, it should be clear Sebring fell through because we never found any realistic lodging situation for all the out of towners. Luckily for us, they do TWO ALMS races in Florida, the second being the Streets of St. Pete race a few weeks later. There is also ample local accomodations (I'd love to base us at the Hard Rock nearby...parking garage, gambling, etc).

The bonus to this race is that it's just like the Detroit GP (and no that doesn't mean it's on an island where bodies float by periodically and girls in high heels ask if you're a cop before they pitch). It means you get not one, but TWO races. An American Le Mans race, with all that good stuff from Ferrari, Audi, Porsche, etc on Saturday, and an IRL race with the open wheel guys Sunday.

Bony, Camilo and I will be there. Can we make a weekend of this? I would love to bring Rich and Dennis and work on a few cars. I would also love to stop by Jason Heffner's shop to see all the Lambor...I mean Ford GT's and do a dyno day. The ticket prices are reasonable, and depending on the group size we could just grandstand it, get a catered rooftop chalet with grandstand seats to boot, or go nuts and get a start/finish suite (at a hefty price tag).

The only downside is there is no on-site parking like at Indy because it is a street circuit. To that I say, I can easily get us bused in and out a la the Newport Beach Yacht for a reasonable price.

Time is of the essence my friends. Let's do it! :cheers

If we can get 50 names up here in a week, we will buy the tickets ASAP, and I will hammer out dinners, dynos and drinks.

1. DBK
2. Bony
3. Camilo
4. cmoody32
5. pauleddy
6. andymlow
7. tmcphail
8. Stormcat
9. 1418
10. the gtguys
11. Tungsten
12. Doorman
13. Sinovac
14. Indy GT

Dave,

Any status on this event?

Terry

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Dave,

Any status on this event?

Terry

If anyone has an update, please let us know. It is comming up quick and it will be getting harder to organize things.

I look forward to meeting more FGTF members there.

:cheers

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
I am Ready

Dave,
I need three tickets and a couple of rooms. I will be bringing the GT.
Let me know what you need from me.
Tungsten

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I'm in!

Lew

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2006
South Florida
Please add me to the list! Probably two tickets.

-Lew

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I am up for it, probably just me this time, but I'd still go for a suite if possible in case the wife wants to go and stay in the room.

If the GT Guys make it, I'd go for a pully, tune, oil and maybe exhaust.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Lets keep the momentum going! Maybe we'll reach 50 afterall. :banana:willy

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
OK, guys, all in this thread will be gettin an email in a few hours.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Oh oh

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No oh oh, just need to pick how much we want to pay for our tickets :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
:)

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
OK, guys, all in this thread will be gettin an email in a few hours.

Dave, Make sure that I get the e-mail. If not, see you in Phoenix, we can hammer out the details then. We are definately heading to Florida, as we normally do the first week of April. So I plan to be there no matter what.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Likewise, Dave, please make sure that I also receive the e-mail that you intend to send out. I would like 5 (five) tickets and 2 (two) decent rooms. Secure parking would be necessary if I (or any other members) intend to bring their own FGT's. The city of St. Pete runs several secure, enclosed parking garages, one of which is located at 101 First Street South. If you know any politico's or anyone with some clout involved with this GP event, here's wishing you the best of luck!
As far as different tiers of ticket prices, I'll opt to go with what would be best fun for the group at large.
My mobile #: 781-608-2840
Best,
Paul

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Detail email sent. If you did not receive, let me know. Off to Vegas.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
............... In!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Dave,
Please add me to your e-mail. I'm still interested in attending, 2 tickets. I'll also need a room.

Thanks,

Last edited:

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
Dave, I am in. Please PM me with details. PD

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Will send when back from LV tomorrow. Thanks guys.