First Pics/Specs of 2016 Ford GT Emerge

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Approx. 25% size increase, likely in both girth and height. (From the very reliable info at Jalopnik.)

NewGTNews.jpg

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Did they mention anything about lift kit availability? I just question its 'off-road' cred.

The heck with LeMans, Ford is obviously focusing on Baja!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
So ~ 96" width at the mirrors?? Should prove interesting in keeping within the lane, trailering et.al.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
My girlfriend will be happy with the size increase.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Really? If that is so it will not fit into a standard 8' wide garage door. The GT barely fits with about 2-3" on either side clearance with the widest spot being the mirrors.

The picture looks like a photoshop blowup to me.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'm reporting this thread as spam.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Did they mention anything about lift kit availability? I just question its 'off-road' cred.

The heck with LeMans, Ford is obviously focusing on Baja!

Off road and Baja option covered. :rofl

Attachments

• 10849847_10154947367460271_8765256610970380647_n.jpg
    10849847_10154947367460271_8765256610970380647_n.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,187

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I'm reporting this thread as spam.

Good plan!! Hat's off to Ford for the alleged 750lb weight savings on the best selling vehicle in the US. It seems the trend in sports cars is to defer more upon all of the increasingly sophisticated nannies while the weights of the vehicles continues to go North. GTR, Z28, Mustang, Z06..... some very heavy machinery with remarkable single-lap capabilities. However, you just cant change physics and all of those bad boys are just going to EAT tires in any multi-lap road course duty. I hope the GT350 is a different story. I REALLY hope that if/when another GT debuts, we get something that changes this "bigger is better" trend.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

I wonder if the 'lift characteristics' are still evident at 185+ mph??

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
...alleged...

...being the operative word.

There may be some obscure and unavailable combination of options that achieves this alleged weight savings in 2015 over some non-comparable 2014 model. I haven't seen documented evidence.

Eat tires AND brakes.

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
nice try on the pictures but not even close to the new styling. maybe ford is building the new car with the weight savings material from all the F150's !!!
lol !! too funny. thanks for sharing (and getting our hopes up )

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

also good for the recent flood zones in So Cal.....

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
hey , why not....-- I just made $76 million in the Stock Market trading over my lunch breaks..
andy (ajb)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
hey , why not....-- I just made $76 million in the Stock Market trading over my lunch breaks..
andy (ajb)

well Andy, I just received this letter about the only barrister to insure you get your money from Nigeria :rofl

Attention:

I am Mrs. Marina Luda, I am a US citizen, 48 years Old. I reside here in Florida USA.My residential address is as follows, 7008 E Hwy 326 Silver Springs FLorida 34488 United States,am thinking of relocating since I am now rich. I am one of those that took part in the compensation in Nigeria many years ago and they refused to pay me, I had paid over $85,000 while in the US, trying to get my payment all to no avail.

So I decided to travel to Washington with all my compensation documents, And I was directed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation Director to contact Barrister Tony Gani, who is a representative of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and a member of the Compensation Award Committee, currently in Nigeria and I contacted him and he explained everything to me. He said whoever is contacting us through emails are fake.

He took me to the paying bank for the claim of my compensation payment. Right now I am the most happiest woman on earth because I have received my compensation funds of $10.5 Million US Dollars,Moreover,Barrister Tony Gani showed me the full information of those that are yet to receive their payments and I saw your email as one of the beneficiaries on the list he showed me, that is why I decided to email you to stop dealing with those people, they are not with your fund, they are only making money out of you. I will advise you to contact Barrister Tony Gani. Kinldy send your personal details to him to prove your identification.

Full Name:
Home Address:
Phone Number:

You have to contact him directly on this information below.

Compensation Award House
Name :Barrister Tony Gani
Email: bgani90@yahoo.co.uk

You really have to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you and telling you that your fund is with them, it is not in anyway with them, they are only taking advantage of you and they will dry you up until you have nothing. The only money I paid after I met Barrister Tony Gani was just $355 USD for the paper works, take note of that.

Once again stop contacting those people, I will advise you to contact Barrister Tony Gani so that he can help you to deliver your fund instead of dealing with those liars that will be turning you around asking for different kind of money to complete your transaction.

Thank you and be Blessed.

Mrs. Marina Luda
7008 E Hwy 326 Silver
Springs FLorida
34488 United States

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
andy (ajb)

In years past it would have astonished me to find out the media hadn't checked out any story before 'going with it'.

But, not today...

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
yeah - it shocked me too... but it is New York - always looking for the story...go figure...

'by the way, I got the same email from Nigeria ... sent them all my information....

Wow - thinking about this.... is this a HIJACKED THREAD or what ??
andy (ajb)

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
new-ford-gt-2016-sport-cars.jpg

First time I've seen this rendering........

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My girlfriend will be happy with the size increase.
John,
Is that a set up for a joke or what?
Who says size doesn’t matter?
Do you know why there are no female engineers ? Because they have been told this is ______________________________________ 10 inches!
Happy holidays

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I plan to add a lift kit.