First oil change

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I did my first oil change yesterday. This forum has been a valuable resource. Ordered the Motorcraft oil and Mahle oil filter after reading previous posts.

It was nice to see clean one year old oil draining out the pan.

The oil priming took three attempts. The first two were for 10 seconds. Finally got oil pressure after the third attempt. It took 20 seconds on the starter to get oil pressure to show up on the gauge.

Spent most of my time cleaning the diffuser panels and everything else i could clean including the wheel wells and wheels. Great bonding time.

What an amazing car. Thank you Ford for building this car. I enjoyed seeing how all the components were designed. Great engineering.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 354

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Congrats. It can be nerve racking the first couple times.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
thats how I started, at first I was even afraid to drive it, then....

well...

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/16645-I-hated-when/page3

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well done. I enjoy working on this car. I currently have every panel off the bottom, and the side splitters. Cleaning away....

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
That oil does still look new. How many miles since the last change?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Less than 400 miles. I was surprised how clean it was. I may reuse it on my other car (JK)

quahog

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2017
Cape Cod
quahog

Like Spartan I completed my first oil service just today / 2006 GT . It has 3000 miles but last service was Oct 2016/ previous owner had service done. . All went according to directions from this forum/ DIY / Thanks . The alignment ramp/ lift I used was a bit tight but found these thick pads used for Cow barns ! No BS !! They are thick and firm and acted as runners up the ramps. No scrapes to underside . The priming did not work well after 30 sec of turn over. Fired it up and a second later Oil PSI @ 75 . All is well .