Finally own a Ford GT...

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Today is the 2 month anniversary of when I finally became Ford GT owner and I wanted to say "hi" to the forum. I've been a long-time watcher on the forum and actually purchased it through here.

I've wanted one since I saw (and sat in) my first one in 2007 or so at Vulcan Motor Club in Chester, NJ. Low and behold, it would take me over a decade to finally acquire one. I wanted one with miles on it so I wouldn't be worried about driving it, and when a 2006 with 36K miles on it came up for sale I decided to stop waiting and through fortunate timing and a little luck, was able to purchase it.

It has been everything (and more) than I expected. The hardest part is the restraint required with the throttle. My other "fun" cars are a 1988 911 (street and DE) and 1986 Ferrari 328 GTS, and that really isn't an issue with them.

In the 2 months that I've owned it I've put on almost 800 miles. Not too bad, considering I haven't been able to take many of my friends out due to the Covid situation.

Glad to finally be in the Ford GT club.

Doug

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome aboard our crazy little Ford GT Group! Lots of great Ford GT owners with lots of experience and stories. Post lots of pictures and stories as you enjoy your new ride!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Congrats!
Best,
Mark

Reactions: dreimer

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats on your GT ownership. You will find a wealth of information on this website. The "search" is your best friend and any other questions you have will be answered in short order.

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
I've been using the forum a lot to search and it is awesome for finding info. I will also say that this forum is one of the most positive and helpful car-oriented forums I routinely use.

Reactions: 93extxdps

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Congrats and welcome.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Doug, I'm very familiar with that first GT you mentioned at the Vulcan Motor Club in Chester. I enjoyed a part time job with Vulcan leading exotic car parades for customers. That Ford GT went through three clutches before the club gave up on manuals, because so many customers couldn't drive them. I became associated with Vulcan through my own GT. Their management saw it at a show and we talked. The next thing I knew I had a job! Vulcan is long gone (they migrated to Las Vegas.....great move for them) but my memories of my drives in their exotic fleet will be with me forever. I summer in North Jersey but winter (and Covid) in Florida.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Congrats Doug and welcome. You're going to love the car and the community.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
As you have already experienced, this car, this group, simply the best! Welcome and congratulations Doug!

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Congrats and welcome! You've purchased one of the finest vehicles on the planet - but I guess you know that. Drive it and enjoy it!

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
From one Doug to another! Congrats! Wish you the best and hope to see you at a Rally!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome dreimer to the best forum in the world with the nicest people and all about the coolest car ever! Congrats on your new ride! I hope to meet you at a future Rally.

Ed

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Congratulations Doug. I'm with you having the devil whispering in my ear and constantly telling me to floor it. I've been an owner since I purchased it new over 13 years ago and it is still almost impossible not to get on the throttle every time I am behind the wheel. It was sad seeing the first 100 miles show on the odometer and then the 200 and then 1000. I wanted so much for the new feeling not to wear off. Now I don't even pay attention to the mileage except to make sure I do the oil changes, etc. as required. Many happy motoring miles and showing the car. So many people love this car, you just have to share it by going to car shows, club drives, etc. It always gives me a great feeling to share the car.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I get more thumbs up driving around in the GT than in 2020 Pista; with some minor bolt on modifications the GT sound incredible. Did you buy the car from a former Florida Member?

Last edited:
Reactions: dreimer and Cadster

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Yes, I did. It is evident it was fantastically cared for. I plan on caring for it and driving it similarly.

Reactions: DakotaGT

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Congrats. Great car you got and happy for you.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Congratulations! You live in a great area for the car. My mom lives at Cranes Lake ( at the base of JTB). I have not had my GT in that area as I live outside of Pensacola. I believe Torrie Tune is right down the road from you in St Augustine

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats and welcome... you know no one here believes you unless you post a pic.. just kidding ... you have just purchased what i consider possibly the best sports car ever made....

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Congrats! I just bought mine a few months ago too, in addition to the one in my avatar, and absolutely love it!!!!! Now that I've been on this forum for a few months I've sure heard of a lot of new owners. Is a normal trend or did Ford vs Ferrari trigger a bunch of sales?

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Congratulations and welcome!!