Finally got one!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
After a not so long search and flying around the country to meet owners and see cars, I picked up a nice 05 white from Shelby today. Its just what I wanted! Shelby has been amazing (shocker!) to work with.

Id like to thank all the folks that have helped me with this process including Shadowman, Fubar, Teddy, Shelby, and others.

Shelby1.jpg

Shelby2.jpg

Shelby3.jpg

Its having a list of mods (yes - it will be lowered) done over the next week or so then will be shipped out.

Can't wait to get her home to Minnesota! We have at least 2 good months left before winter! :biggrin

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Congrats Jason!! Great looking car! White looks good in pictures but even better in person! You will really love it, I have no doubts!

H

HHGT

Congrats on the new acquisition.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
awesome car. I know you've been looking for a while. The wait will make it that much sweeter.
In the end, you will be very happy. Shelby's reputation is the best.
Do tell - what mods?
I started off intending to keep my car stock, as many others did.
My list of mods is too long to type, and my wish list only grows.
Be safe and enjoy.

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
Right on Jason ! Next, you have to take advantage of no emissions testing in MN and get Kendall to do a twin turbo install !!!
I see that GT3RS in the photos ..... hmmmmmm

Last edited:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Do tell - what mods?

Other than new tires (I don't care for the Goodyears) Im doing:

Tranny breather valve
Hot buttons
T&A kit
Clear Bra
Hennessey exhaust

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Schwiiiing! :biggrin

Beauty. :thumbsup

H

HHGT

Pulley & Bumper Delete must be on your list. They will transform your car into a fast & beautiful beast...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yeah.....Gotta loose the bumper. It is #1 on my list followed by SVO exhaust and Penske coilovers.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Pulley & Bumper Delete must be on your list. They will transform your car into a fast & beautiful beast...

Agreed! Want to get used to the 500hp first, however ;)

H

HHGT

Agreed! Want to get used to the 500hp first, however ;)

Simple initial rule - No acceleration while your front tires are turned.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Simple initial rule - No acceleration while your front tires are turned.

Or when tires are cold?

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Congrats!!!!!!

(Oh boy, an Ithica Verde Murcielago...)

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Since your car is still at Shelby's - if I may suggest, I'd seriously consider the pulley and tune. You'll want it soon enough (everyone does), and may not have someone good near by to do it. That, transaxle cooler (cooltech's), and short shifter are must have on most folk's list. Not sure what tires you are considering - the Bridgestone's are pretty awesome.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Also - three key rules if you are not accustomed to 500-600 hp - as HHGT said - no mashing the pedal with the wheels turned, no mashing period, wait until the tires are warm - particularly in Minnesota - before getting crazy.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats and Welcome !! :cheers

Aug 25, 2006
After a not so long search and flying around the country to meet owners and see cars, I picked up a nice 05 white from Shelby today. Its just what I wanted! Shelby has been amazing (shocker!) to work with.

Shelby1.jpg

Shelby2.jpg

Shelby3.jpg

Its having a list of mods (yes - it will be lowered) done over the next week or so then will be shipped out.

Can't wait to get her home to Minnesota! We have at least 2 good months left before winter! :biggrin

MNJason I am very happy for you

After a few dry runs and an endless number of chats and emails I could not be happier that between you and Shelby that the perfect match was located.

Take some time to get to know her and then have a great time exercising her.

All the best

Shadowman

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
That was my first choice in colors. Still don't have that combination yet. Perhaps one day. Big thumbs up Jason!

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Wow, congrats MNJason! That is also the color I first fell in love with. Tried to buy that color of the showfloor at my family's old dealership (no family left there now), but market was overheated at the time. They had to have $175,000 at the time and sold it for that within a week of my drooling over it. I'm in White Bear Lake if you ever want to meet for coffee, beer, whatever. I would STRONGLY recommend pulley and tune, it was the best thing I did with my car. Very significant difference in power. Unless you are planning on winning the Whipple supercharger : )

DanM

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 31, 2006
Stillwater, MN
Congrats

Jason,

Great news that you finally got one. Let me know when you arrive and we can meet at Cars & Coffee in Chaska. I can try to get Steve to join us from Bayport too and then we will be 3 identical.