Finally a nice day, the GT comes out!

John Weires

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2009
Sunday, 45 degrees and partly sunny. A rare day in Iowa lately after a bitch of a winter. I had only driven the GT twice in the fall since I got it last October and had forgotten just what a unique experience it is. Endless torque and power with pulley and tune yet great driveability. It achieves deceptively high speeds so quickly that the closest comparison might be a big displacement crotch rocket. Very neutral handling that you just don't experience in a front engine car no matter how well they are executed. Hardly a low profile car. I am concerned all of the people staring will cause an accident. I had a blast. Next time out is an oil change and then nitrogen in the tires.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Where are the pics????? :willy

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hardly a low profile car. I am concerned all of the people staring will cause an accident.

#1079 came "thisssssss close" to causing THREE that I know of. 'Last second PANIC STOPS saved the day for all 3 drivers! :willy

Please remember to be verrrrrrrrrry careful with your right foot in temps under 60 degrees F - especially temps WELL under 60*. :ack :willy:willy:willy

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
#1079 came "thisssssss close" to causing THREE that I know of. 'Last second PANIC STOPS saved the day for all 3 drivers! :willy

Please remember to be verrrrrrrrrry careful with your right foot in temps under 60 degrees F - especially temps WELL under 60*. :ack :willy:willy:willy

EP, how would you know that? Did your car do a burnout in your garage? It must be a BIG garage!

All of the FGT at the Mojave mile, temps 52-60, had problems with traction off the line. My 1st run was done soon after a few drops of rain hit the course. My TC settings were at 10% and my car even with TC wagged it tail through out the 1st 3 gears as I kept my right foot buried and then again when braking at the end of the mile. It raise a "small" amount of concern when it was skating around while braking at 186 MPH. Since I had plenty of stopping room I let up on the brakes. I subsequently set the TC to 5% with no further issues.

At the TX mile the car was always solidly planted and composed, temp were 100F+.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
EP, how would you know that? Did your car do a burnout in your garage? It must be a BIG garage!

'Saw all 3 happen in the rear view mirror if you MUST know, Mr. Smarty Pants! :biggrin

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Never take for granted good weather. Glad you got her out!! :thumbsup