FGT trickle charger

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Does anyone have access to a spare "Factory" FGT trickle charger (including the carrying case) they would sell or does anyone know if there is a source to purchase one of these? - I need one. Thanks!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Other than having a long cord, the factory charger is pretty lame. It doesn't have a LED to indicated that it is charging or charged. I purchased a great trickle charger from Beach-GT, a forum member. You can do a search for the contact info. :cheers

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
David, check with nota4re - aka Kendall at Cooltechllc.com That is what I am using as it is a Deltran unit, with the right cords and either the hidden grill mount coupler or the power plug adapter. The beenfit is that it is current limited with a three state LED to show the status and will never overcharge the Optima

BTW - how's the R&P on the 69? Did you find another unit? I just finished installing the Randall Rack. Easy - and the turn radius even without power is tighter and a hell of a lot easier! .... All I need is my engine back

206Dino

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2007
I also wanted a factory original and got mine from:

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/

No. was 4G7V-14B249-AA. Reasonable price ($75 or so and fast shipping).

The guy who runs this company I believe is a member of this forum.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...The guy who runs this company I believe is a member of this forum.

Yes, he IS. That would be "tmcphail".:thumbsup

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Other than having a long cord, the factory charger is pretty lame. It doesn't have a LED to indicated that it is charging or charged. I purchased a great trickle charger from Beach-GT, a forum member. You can do a search for the contact info. :cheers

Thanks, Kirby, but I don't need it to charge with (I use CoolTech's remote charger) - I want it for completion of #422's OEM stuff. It's the only thing missing from the "black bag".

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I also wanted a factory original and got mine from:

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/

No. was 4G7V-14B249-AA. Reasonable price ($75 or so and fast shipping).

The guy who runs this company I believe is a member of this forum.

Thanks, I'll PM Torrie! :thumbsup

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
David, check with nota4re - aka Kendall at Cooltechllc.com That is what I am using as it is a Deltran unit, with the right cords and either the hidden grill mount coupler or the power plug adapter. The beenfit is that it is current limited with a three state LED to show the status and will never overcharge the Optima

BTW - how's the R&P on the 69? Did you find another unit? I just finished installing the Randall Rack. Easy - and the turn radius even without power is tighter and a hell of a lot easier! .... All I need is my engine back

Thanks, Mike! I am seriously considering the Randall Rack but I've been finishing up another car project first so I haven't devoted any time to the 'Stang' yet. I don't multitask very well! :eek

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks, Kirby, but I don't need it to charge with (I use CoolTech's remote charger) - I want it for completion of #422's OEM stuff. It's the only thing missing from the "black bag".

My bad. I ordered the Ford unit from a Ford Dealer. It 's the same as OEM but without the bag. :cheers

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Does anyone have access to a spare "Factory" FGT trickle charger (including the carrying case) they would sell or does anyone know if there is a source to purchase one of these? - I need one. Thanks!

If its the car you purchased from me and its missing, I will gladly send you one for free. let me know.....

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
In stock and Sold !

Thanks Dave !!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey DBTGT, would you like the one back that I stole from your silver car? Better learn to lock those trailer doors!

Last edited:

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hey DBTGT, you would the one back that I stole from your silver car? Better learn to lock those trailer doors!

Did you take it because the red cars need two to keep them charged?:biggrin:rofl:rofl

MikeS

GT Owner
Dec 24, 2007
Ford GT Trickle Charger

`Where would it be? In the luggage compartment?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yeah in the nose. I have about 7 new ones here if anyone needs a spare among a bunch of other GT Stock

MikeS

GT Owner
Dec 24, 2007
trickle charger

thank you

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
No problem !

MikeS

GT Owner
Dec 24, 2007
trickle charger

One more question, if I can please?: does this just plug into the cig lighter adapter and then to an electrial outlet (like the Z8 trickle charger does) and does it have an auto shut-off? And how much are the chargers?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
The OE Ford Charger is $ 79.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-Ford-GT-GT40-Battery-Charger_W0QQitemZ120325670054QQcmdZViewItem

I have never opened one up to use it on my own car just yet.

Aug 25, 2006
One more question, if I can please?: does this just plug into the cig lighter adapter and then to an electrial outlet (like the Z8 trickle charger does) and does it have an auto shut-off? And how much are the chargers?

Yes

However no charge indicator lights and much smaller than the one with the Z8

Takes care

Shadowman