FGT-question

amg211

Jul 6, 2008
new here. have e55/211 amg, RENNtech tuned stage 4. anyway, just curious about general driving impressions w/ FGT vs other similar cars members may have had? saloon now should run consistent mid 11's, but it's not a coupe (though it's the best car i have owned, thus far). had 993 p-car before settled down and do miss the 2 door. many great sports cars out there, but the GT is the one i cherish most. hope to acquire one some day. thanks, all.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Where do you live ? Find a local GT owner and go for a ride..The Forum members are very accommodating..:thumbsup

H

HHGT

You will never be able to buy a car that compares to the GT - NEVER. Looks, Performance, Value, Comfort etc.... The best WOW FACTOR cause and effect you will ever own...

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You will never be able to buy a car that compares to the GT NEVER. Looks, Performance, Value, Comfort etc.... The best WOW FACTOR cause and effect you will ever own...

+1 !!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

+1, and no single GT owner would ever sell his GT, without replacing it with another!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
+1, and no single GT owner would ever sell his GT, without replacing it with another!

................I'm beginning to get that impression..............:willy

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV

No single real GT owner would ever sell his GT without replacing it with another!!

For all the reasons mentioned above and that fact that you actually are the one driving the car, not the electronic launch control, traction control, stability control....etc... It is a drivers car that is meant to be driven. If that sounds like a car you want then you will not be disappointed. If not you can buy a GTR and let the car tell you how you are feeling. :biggrin :cheers

(disclaimer: I am not hating on the GTR as it is a fine technological marvel that is as durable as a trailer park in a tornado)

(disclaimer to the disclaimer: I enjoy all cars and will take any chance to experience new machines includingthe GTR, but the FGT is the one!!)

Seriously, even GT owners I have met that do not post on this Forum have a rabid love and loyalty to the GT. It is one of the most inspirational cars ever. :thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
................I'm beginning to get that impression..............:willy

EP when are you going to give Shelby, or Bernie a call?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
EP when are you going to give Shelby, or Bernie a call?

When Shadowman opens a "branch office" up here somewhere close I'll be givin' it some darn serious consideration. :wink :cheers

( I know where there's a Blue/White w/37 miles on it...)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
When Shadowman opens a "branch office" up here somewhere close I'll be givin' it some darn serious consideration. :wink :cheers

Many of Shadowman's customers just ship the cars there for service, some from thousands of miles away using jets. I am sure you can work something out with him. If you don't mind turning a wrench and dirty finger nails, working on the GT is easy than most cars, but IMHO having a 4 post lift makes life much easier. The knowledge base other forum members share makes self service less risky.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB

With mileage that low it must be in your garage :biggrin

Sorry couldn't resist. Buy it up before it is gone - you won't regret it :thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
With mileage that low it must be in your garage :biggrin

Sorry couldn't resist. Buy it up before it is gone - you won't regret it :thumbsup

+1

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
+2

If there is a guy meant to get back into GT land it is you EP. I don't consider it an if EP get another GT but a when. :cheers

Midnight Blue with white stripes of course. :lol

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Many of Shadowman's customers just ship the cars there for service, some from thousands of miles away using jets. I am sure you can work something out with him. If you don't mind turning a wrench and dirty finger nails, working on the GT is easy than most cars, but IMHO having a 4 post lift makes life much easier. The knowledge base other forum members share makes self service less risky.

'Sent you a PM, Honorable Sir...:wink:cheers

amg211

Jul 6, 2008
appreciate feedback.