FGT Heritage

swiss

GT Owner
Jul 9, 2013
Switzerland
Hello

I will go check out a Ford GT Heritage this week which I consider to buy.
Any suggestions what I have to special pay attention for?
Did any special accessories come with this car from factory?

Thanky you for your inputs!
Swiss

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I assume you're in Europe so a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) by one of our gurus is out of the question. You should look very carefully for any signs of damage repair.

The Heritage was a special paint option - it was technically a stripe delete + Heritage paint. All other options were available - BBS wheels, radio and painted calipers. It seems that most Heritages had all three but there was at least one non-radio upgrade I heard about.

Good Luck!

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
I have a Heritage without the radio upgrade.
I assume you're in Europe so a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) by one of our gurus is out of the question. You should look very carefully for any signs of damage repair.

The Heritage was a special paint option - it was technically a stripe delete + Heritage paint. All other options were available - BBS wheels, radio and painted calipers. It seems that most Heritages had all three but there was at least one non-radio upgrade I heard about.

Good Luck!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
All Canadian-bound Heritage GT's didn't have the Mac either.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
They also didn't come with anything more special than the other FGTs, but you should be sure it includes those things too - e.g., battery tender, car cover and pouch, etc... There was a book and a DVD too (I didn't get them). Plus be sure to get BOTH SETS OF KEYS AND FOB!!! I could see that getting one replaced in Europe could be a PITA since you have to have the second one (if there is only one) programmed by a Ford dealer. Also note that finding a Ford FGT key is difficult as most Ford dealers won't stock them.

swiss

GT Owner
Jul 9, 2013
Switzerland
The car was imported from it's first owner to switzerland back in 2006. I know already that the car cover isn't with the car.
Would you buy the factory cover from Ford?

swiss

GT Owner
Jul 9, 2013
Switzerland
Can I see by VIN if it's a Heritage FGT?
The VIN is 1FAFP90S76Y401251

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Paint code is on the door tag. Heritage would say "EXT PNT: GL." Driver door frame.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
There were several heritage cars without mac including one on ebay right now in canada

swiss

GT Owner
Jul 9, 2013
Switzerland
Bought the car :)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Congratulations! :cheers Photos please!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
A great purchase show us some pics.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Congrats!

swiss

GT Owner
Jul 9, 2013
Switzerland
I'm nod aloud to post pics now. I've sent a email to the administrator.
The FGT will have a nice place beside the Viper GTS-R No.001 in my garage:)

swiss

GT Owner
Jul 9, 2013
Switzerland
Still can't post any pics or change my avatar!?! :-(

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You're not listed as a GT owner yet. DBK (or one of the other moderators) will fix it when he see this I'm sure !!! In the meantime the best way to post pics is to load them to Photobucket and then post the IMG link here.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Congratulations on your new Heritage GT. There is no special indicator in the VIN to tell if the car was a Heritage model. I do have all of the VINs however, and can tell which cars were actually built as a Heritage model. Your car is a Heritage model built for Dealer stock on 5/3/2006 with a Mac radio, optional wheels, and standard black calipers. Send me an e-mail or PM with your contact info, and I can send you a picture of your car sitting on the dealer's showroom floor from May, 2006.

Enjoy the ride!

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
The only optional item that the Heritage models came with that no other Ford GTs came with is a large cardboard box with 4 sheets of numbers on them for application onto the roundels. The box is 8"x8"x37" and includes instructions for applying and a squeege.

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
The only optional item that the Heritage models came with that no other Ford GTs came with is a large cardboard box with 4 sheets of numbers on them for application onto the roundels. The box is 8"x8"x37" and includes instructions for applying and a squeege.

I have that box! Never realized it was an option though

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have that box! Never realized it was an option though

It wasn't an option that you ordered and paid for, it was more of an "included accessory". Every car got the entire number kit. Some dealers didn't send along the remaining unused number decals after the requested ones were applied. I would have liked to have changed my number but would now have to order the whole kit from Ford and it's quite pricey.