Faux FGT in new Fast and Furious trailer

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
http://www.fastfivemovie.com/

Didn't I read on a thread that hollywoodstunts from here on the Forum worked on this flick?? I have to admit I love these movies. :biggrin

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Maybe its just trying to be a GT40?

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Not my kind of movie. Hate to see any FGT/GT40 get banged up and abused. I like the Grand Sport Vette though.

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
Guilty as charged. I spent the majority of my summer in Parker, Arizona shooting the train sequence. It was rarely below 120 and I was driving the black Pantera GTS, with limo-tinted windows that didn't roll down, no AC, the motor was next to me, and it was about 140 in the cockpit most of the shoot. Needless to say I had a blast working on FAST 5 and drifting the Pantera through the desert.

Boostaddiction

Oct 19, 2010
The movie is using GT40 replicas from Race Car Replicas. They bought three of them, and painted them all alike. One was a "beauty" car and kept pristine. The other two saw hard life, being jumped in the desert, etc.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Ouch.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I am also guilty of finding the movies entertaining :biggrin

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Guilty as charged. I spent the majority of my summer in Parker, Arizona shooting the train sequence. It was rarely below 120 and I was driving the black Pantera GTS, with limo-tinted windows that didn't roll down, no AC, the motor was next to me, and it was about 140 in the cockpit most of the shoot. Needless to say I had a blast working on FAST 5 and drifting the Pantera through the desert.

It is always great to know the guy behind the stunts. :thumbsup I can't wait to see the finished result and I will be looking for the Pantera scenes.

I remember when XXX came out and Tim base jumped off that Corvette that went off the bridge I was like whoa.....too cool I jump with that guy!! :lol The stuff you guys get to do just looks like so much fun. Maybe in the next life. :lol :cheers