Evo Magazine compares the Ford GT!! Vs.......

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The GT not only bests the F458 in performance, ease of maintenance, history & looks but also in long term value.

Ed

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I know, but I still wouldn't mind a black 458 parked next to my GT.

The GT not only bests the F458 in performance, ease of maintenance, history & looks but also in long term value.

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

enrico

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2010
London, UK
If thats true that Ferrari insisted on a "good showing" in exchange for supplying future cars to EVO all I can say is some things never change. Typical Ferrari "blue blood" attitude and snobibshness. Just like Enzo pulling out of Monza Coppa Europa Internat'l in 1963 resulting in the race in the race being cancelled to keep Shelby from winning the FIA world championship. Typical Ferrari. You must play their way or they threaten to take their marbles and go home.

The 458 is an amazing car. It should compete on its own merits without help.

Worth mentioning though that the 458 actually has been picked over the Macca by a number of UK magazines on top of Evo (Top Gear and CAR also)

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
The 458 is an amazing car. But interestingly I don't find myself desiring one. I'm just not a Ferrari guy. They are beautiful but as Bony used to say a car has to "stir the soul". Ferrari doesn't do it for me.

I love my FGT! Wouldn't trade it for a 458. Period. Not even close.

Shelby Mustangs, FGTs/GT40s and Porsches get my motor going.