Entertaining GT Vs. ZR1 discussion on another forum

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Guys

I just finished reading the thread posted earlier within this thread related to the FORD GT vs the Lambo lot

I know the guys on that thread are hard ass Lambo guys but to say a lambo draws more attention on the street than a FORD GT is unthinkable , however I am no expert as I dont own a lambo and have never driven one , I am sure some of you do own lambos and I would like to here your feed back on the street attention side

We already know the FORD GT will decimate any lambo out there , speraking of which I wonder what happened to that oil spilling lambo that made the mistake of going up against a FORD GT and took an ass kicking that no one will ever forget on battle of the supercars

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
apparently lamborghini did not honor the warrantee because the car had been raced.
Apparently the rumor is $90,000 bill.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Guys

I just finished reading the thread posted earlier within this thread related to the FORD GT vs the Lambo lot

I know the guys on that thread are hard ass Lambo guys but to say a lambo draws more attention on the street than a FORD GT is unthinkable , however I am no expert as I dont own a lambo and have never driven one , I am sure some of you do own lambos and I would like to here your feed back on the street attention side

We already know the FORD GT will decimate any lambo out there , speraking of which I wonder what happened to that oil spilling lambo that made the mistake of going up against a FORD GT and took an ass kicking that no one will ever forget on battle of the supercars

I've never been entirely sure if getting a lot of attention is a good thing or a bad thing. Personally I don't particularly enjoy it.

That aside, I had a Murcielago before the GT and would say that the GT was not only a greater head-turner but was more appreciated.... by that I mean that when you step out of a Lamborghini, people immediately assume you are a cock. Step out of the GT and they imagine you're related to Steve McQueen or some other iconic and infinitely cool individual.

The GT has been surrounded by photographers, both on the road (whilst moving) and whilst parked up for petrol (gas). In my experience, the GT seemed more popular.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
apparently lamborghini did not honor the warrantee because the car had been raced.
Apparently the rumor is $90,000 bill.

thank god i never bought a Lamborghini :eek

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
needless to say now the only time I make fun of corvette owners is when Im with DoctorV8. :lol

Yeah, your jealously is hard to hide.... ;-)

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I just don't really understand why anyone would compare the two cars anyway as they are totally different cars IMO. I know which one I'd take if I had to choose.

You don't understand why anyone would compare 2 American sports cars that cost 6 figures?

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
You don't understand why anyone would compare 2 American sports cars that cost 6 figures?

Well the last time I looked people were getting ZR1s a little over 100K whereas a decent FGT is starting at 130K+ (not to even mention value retention). Granted I haven't driven either but everthing I have read from people who have stated they were different vehicles to drive. For the record I like both but to me the ZR1 is nothing more than a suped up Vette like a KR is to a GT500. The FGT is a unique vehicle and definitely won't be confused as another x, y or z. Of course I understand that for many people comparing cars is a past time like many people would compare planes such as a F-16 to an F-18. Personally when you are that level of vehicle I would think people would just buy the one they really want or buy both so you don't even have to go through the dilemma of comparing!:biggrin

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Personally when you are that level of vehicle I would think people would just buy the one they really want or buy both so you don't even have to go through the dilemma of comparing!:biggrin

That was the route I chose. Nice having 2 American supercars in the garage....

Zan186

Jul 28, 2008
I don't know how you could even put a Ford GT and any new Corvette in the same league.
The Ford GT is actually the next car I will purchase for my collection. I look at cars mostly for appearance first, performance second. (You can always mod a car to make it faster). Changing the way the car looks kind of changes the car.
When it comes to sports cars I pretty much put them into two categories. Curvey or linear design.
The older Corvette's, Porshe and Viper GTS are curvey (much like a perfect women's body). The Viper GTS, I think is the ideal curvey car, followed closely by the 1980-1982 Corvette. You might say the body style is hot like a perfect female body :)

In regards to the linear design, well the Ford GT, Testarosa, Galladro, jump right out at you. They are much more masculine in design. Sharp clear defined line angle's are all over.

The newer corvette's are kind of like unsure if they want to be curvey or linear??? IMO, you really have to be one or the other or else it hurts the esthetics of the car.

As for picking a Corvette over a Ford GT???? Well I am sure there are some die hard GM lovers who would, but for the rest of the world ....no way!

Hopefully, I will be adding a Ford GT to my collection in 2012. (Gotta do the Kitchen mod, then build a bigger stable for the horse). For those of us with wives, you know that when you own two sports car and want a third you are gonna have to pay for something big for her first)

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Uttt ohhhh Zan you have a kitchen to build......looks like your gonna be a spectator for a long time......:biggrin gtjoey1314

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
When it comes to sports cars I pretty much put them into two categories. Curvey or linear design.
The older Corvette's, Porshe and Viper GTS are curvey (much like a perfect women's body). The Viper GTS, I think is the ideal curvey car, followed closely by the 1980-1982 Corvette. You might say the body style is hot like a perfect female body :)

In regards to the linear design, well the Ford GT, Testarosa, Galladro, jump right out at you. They are much more masculine in design. Sharp clear defined line angle's are all over.

Where is Camilo??

fastzilla

Where's reverse?
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 17, 2010
San Antonio, TX
What about the ZR1 vs. my 900hp Acura Integra? Talk about who gets more looks? The Ford GT commends no respect when it's compared to the Superior engineering & technology in my Integra. Let's see that old antiquated V8 rev up to 9000 rpm!

...and that McIntosh POS sound system for $4000????? My Kenwood and Phoenix Gold bumps way better and the neon under the car is all style....

You guys are delusional!!!! Ford GTs are so blah!

fastzilla

Where's reverse?
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 17, 2010
San Antonio, TX
...sell them to me quick - even at at huge loss you will still have an opportunity to regain your self respect & buy a Subaru!

:rofl

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
What about the ZR1 vs. my 900hp Acura Integra? Talk about who gets more looks? The Ford GT commends no respect when it's compared to the Superior engineering & technology in my Integra. Let's see that old antiquated V8 rev up to 9000 rpm!

...and that McIntosh POS sound system for $4000????? My Kenwood and Phoenix Gold bumps way better and the neon under the car is all style....

When I first read this I thought Uh-oh, we have a teenager loose on the forum again, then I realized it's just the new guy! Good one.:lol

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.

You bring you're Integra and I'll raise you a Civic! 10 second car too because I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.:rofl

fastzilla

Where's reverse?
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 17, 2010
San Antonio, TX
...then we started running 13's & now we get the respect.....

Remember, there's always someone who has a friend with a Mustang faster than you GT.

I love these "my car's the best" threads - These only thing the ZR1 & GT have in common is price. 2 different animals. Don't believe me? Punch in your destination into your McIntosh nav system....Turn on your stability control & most important - put your golf bag in the trunk.

...As always - just stirring the pot :lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
You bring you're Integra and I'll raise you a Civic! 10 second car too because I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.:rofl

Im bringing this one to the mix! :)

54da_1.jpg

Steve T

GT Owner
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
At least the gas gauge still works in my ZR1...:biggrin

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
Im bringing this one to the mix! :)

54da_1.jpg

:lol

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas

Steve where the heck have you and Deb been? Merry Christmas to y'all.