Emissions Drive Cycle "Ready"

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
Does anyone know how long it takes or what the drive cycle is for the FGT after a battery replacement? I just failed emissions because the car was not "Ready". Not enough sample data store in the ECU. What is the fastest way to get enough sample data for the ...

catalyst mon

evap system mon

????:confused

Thanks!

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
Just did it yesterday, about 20 miles. You can have them hook it up to their system to see if it's ready before going through with a complete test

Red05

GT Owner
May 19, 2011
Help!

I'm having the same problem. They failed me twice here in Arizona for being "Not Ready".
I have driven the car over 200 miles. After the 2nd one I am now locked out of the system and cannot go back for a restest until it's fixed.

Does anybody have any advice before I take it to the dealership?

Thanks.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
These tests are a big PITA.

Just think if EP still owned his car, he would have triple the mileage and pollution just to pass the test for a car he doesn't drive.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm having the same problem. They failed me twice here in Arizona for being "Not Ready".
I have driven the car over 200 miles. After the 2nd one I am now locked out of the system and cannot go back for a restest until it's fixed.

Does anybody have any advice before I take it to the dealership?

Thanks.

Since you're in Arizona maybe Chip can chime in on how to register your car so that it is emissions-test-exempt.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Any decent engine code reader provides information on the Ready Status of the OBD II sensors. You can't rush the drive cycle but at least you'll know when you are ready for a test.

Howard

Red05

GT Owner
May 19, 2011
Since you're in Arizona maybe Chip can chime in on how to register your car so that it is emissions-test-exempt.

The only way I know of this here in Arizona is if you get Collector Car insurance. With Collector Car Insurance you are emissions exempt.

I've done this on a few of my cars, but they require the car to be 20 years old minimum.

Red05

GT Owner
May 19, 2011
Maybe I'll pick one up. I can get one at any auto parts store? Just a generic OBDII reader will work?

Thanks.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Cheap readers may only read and erase codes. Make sure the reader you choose has indicators for Test status. Should cost betwee $50 - $100.

Howard

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I heard the emission cycle test took closer to 70 miles. Everybody just seems to guess at it. Shelby just posted to lowest milage figure I've seen for this, 200 is the highest. I have also heard that the gas tank must be at least 1/2 way full but not all the way? I suspect it has more to do with the catalytic converters getting up to temp and staying that way for a few minutes and then the pressure test on the tank passing.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I heard the emission cycle test took closer to 70 miles. Everybody just seems to guess at it. Shelby just posted to lowest milage figure I've seen for this, 200 is the highest. I have also heard that the gas tank must be at least 1/2 way full but not all the way? I suspect it has more to do with the catalytic converters getting up to temp and staying that way for a few minutes and then the pressure test on the tank passing.

I had to drive more than 250!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
nevermind... looks like Torrie knows how to use google. The rest of us just failed the "common sense" test.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
nevermind... looks like Torrie knows how to use google. The rest of us just failed the "common sense" test.

hahahahahahhaaaaa